Good protein pancake recipes?

Options
I need a few good protein pancake recipes. I bought some protein powders to try out today and would love a healthy way to serve it to my picky kiddo. Could I just add it to my usual pancake recipe or does it have to be tweaked to work? Thanks guys!

Replies

• coopersmom2006
    Options
    bump
  • makemesomegains
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle?feature=g-user-u
    hey this is for the protein pancakes this guys is awesome teachin healthy ways to eat and he shows u how to cook meals. go to his channel and then click on breakfast or search pancakes
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This looks pretty good:

http://sarahfit.com/5137183278/
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Thanks!
  • assymcgee
    assymcgee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    have you tried cottage cheese pancakes?

1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
    4 eggs or 8 egg whites
    (some recipes also call for vanilla and baking powder)

blend in blender, cook just like pancakes. one serving (1 pancake) has something like 20 - 30 g of protein. (depends on the size of your pancakes, obviously.

all natural, no weird protein powder taste.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options

1 cup cottage cheese
    4 eggs or 8 egg whites

blend in blender, cook just like pancakes. one serving (1 pancake) has something like 20 - 30 g of protein. (depends on the size of your pancakes, obviously.

[/quote

Cottage cheese freaks me out! Do these have a weird texture or are they like real pancakes?
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese pancakes, with either wheat flour or Oatmeal is the bomb! I use vanilla or almond flavoring to spice mine up a little honey and then cinnamon...YUMMY
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how much protein the other has. I make pancakes with a Pamelas baking mixture that is gluten free. It is made with almond meal. 8 protein and 250 calories. Maybe higher than you want but very filling.
  • thealphabetpony
    Options
    when my mom went on the dukan diet (the all protein and some veggie diet) they advise you have 2 tablespoons of oat bran a day. and there's a recipe for this "pancake" that's super low calorie, carb, and high protein!

The Oat Bran Galette
    2 tbsp oat bran
    2 tbsp 0% fat plain greek yogurt
    1/4 cup egg whites (i do 1/2 cup instead, it just makes them thinner)
    cinnamon

makes 1 big pancake or 2 medium size ones

i'm not on the diet so i put almond butter and a sliced banana on top which ups the calories, carbs, and fat, but you're still getting some protein in there!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    DashingDish.com has some AWESOME recipes starring protein powder. There's a few pancake recipes too... carrot cake, red velvet, gingerbread, and a couple others. Great site!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe for Honey Wheat Protein pancakes at rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com

1/2 c wheat flour
    6 oz chibani nonfat yogurt
    2 large egg whites
    1 tsp baking soda

May want to add more yogurt or egg whites to make them thinner. And if it is for your kids, might want to mix in some fruit or something.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use 1 c. quinoa, 1 or 2 eggs, and scoop of protien. My daughter LOVES these pancakes. Add water if the consistency is too thick for you.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I use 1 c. quinoa, 1 or 2 eggs, and scoop of protien. My daughter LOVES these pancakes. Add water if the consistency is too thick for you.

Do you blend this? How many pancakes does it make? Sounds yummy! I love quinoa
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I don't blend it. I just cook the quinoa and then throw it all together and mix with a spoon. It made alot of pancakes enough for the three of us to have about four 6 inch cakes or so. The batter is quite thin. They keep well. I'll make them for the week and freeze them.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options

I don't blend it. I just cook the quinoa and then throw it all together and mix with a spoon. It made alot of pancakes enough for the three of us to have about four 6 inch cakes or so. The batter is quite thin. They keep well. I'll make them for the week and freeze them.

Bump for reference because this looks delicious and easy!
  • nation001
    Options
    http://repinned.net/pin/food-drink/apple-cinnamon-protein-pancakes.html

Pinned by Cassey Ho into Blogilates Breakfast Recipes
  • thinkitty2
    Options
    Thanks for posting this recipe, I'm going to try them!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    oats, egg whites, almond meal, cinnamon, protein powder, nutmeg and instant coffee.

Oats, egg whites, low fat milk, pumpkin puree, baking powder.

spinach, protein powder, egg, egg whites, oats, vanilla, almond milk, flax seed top with chocolate pb2.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options

1 cup cottage cheese
    4 eggs or 8 egg whites

I am going to try these in the morning! I love pancakes but they aren't that healthy. THIS look better! :) Thanks!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you guys posted all these different recipes because the last recipe I tried tasted like chocolate eggs....no bueno lol.