Not really new, but looking for some support.

Options
2»

Replies

• JessTryingAgain
    Options
    Added you all. :D Yay!
  • dmarhal
    dmarhal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why are you focused on weight? You should maybe think more about becoming more fit or healthier and the rest will follow. Too many gals focus on the scale but the scale is a poor indicator of health or fitness. One can be heavier and healthy while another is skinny fat and in poorer health.

Rethink your reason for losing weight. Is it just to look good or do you want to change your life in a real and meaningful way. If you simply get skinny, then what? But if you want to get healthier or fitter your life will change from without and within. You'll achieve longer lasting results too and probably be happier. By getting fitter you'll have a more toned and beautiful body and not be out of shape, able to do more and enjoy more. That in the long run will be more fun than just being skinny.

If I sound like a "mom", I'm sorry, but I am one. And I am trying to lose weight too. But I'm also a group fitness instructor so I do know a little about what I'm talking about. It's not easy but I'll tell you. I didn't start getting fit till I was 50. You have a great advantage in your youth, so do it now while it's easier and you get to enjoy the rewards a lot longer!

Good luck.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want, and I will try to help you with your goals
  • jshaen
    jshaen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am over the 200 mark :( Can't seem to lose that nasty baby weight!! You can add me if you like and maybe we can kick this thing in the butt together cause I am really struggling especially with getting my butt exercising!!
  • Latanya51
    Latanya51 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess. Its good to see that you're reaching out and not afraid to ask for assistance and help. I too have been over 200lbs for most of my adult life so I know the feeling.

You can add me as well. We the MFP family will help you. :heart:
    Welcome (back :wink: )
  • katherinelilja
    katherinelilja Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Jessica, I weigh less than 200 and am twice as old as you! Hey, I am here any way if you want me!!!:smile:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • JBreed236
    JBreed236 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica,

Not really new here either but going to give this a real try. I'm 36 and I'm a mom of two. I'm married and live in Ohio. I currently weigh in @ 254.2 and my weight just keeps going up so much it scares me. I've been married for 15 yrs now and when I married I weighed 140. I not real tall so my weight puts a lot of strain on my back. I am he caretaker of our kids my hubby is dis-abled and doesn't help much. I wish you well here. I sure could use support also. Let's hang in there together!
  • jan0814
    Options
    Please add me. I am trying hard to get this weight loss going as well. Struggling with exercise, but am trying to log in daily. Could use the support myself. You can do this!!

Janet
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica!! I am in the same exact boat as you! Please feel free to add me if you like!!
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. Good luck!
  • RRJacobus3
    Options
    Hi Jess i am over 200 and i am about to get this weight off and so are you saturday I will be doing zumba or jillian as well as eating properly so lets go we can do this talk to you tomorrow
  • flamencobarbie
    flamencobarbie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello I will send you a friend request.. I too am over 200 pounds.. I have lost 11 pounds so far.. I would be happy to support you!! We can support eachother in this journey.. Anyone feel free to add me too...
  • JessTryingAgain
    Options
    Why are you focused on weight? You should maybe think more about becoming more fit or healthier and the rest will follow. Too many gals focus on the scale but the scale is a poor indicator of health or fitness. One can be heavier and healthy while another is skinny fat and in poorer health.

Rethink your reason for losing weight. Is it just to look good or do you want to change your life in a real and meaningful way. If you simply get skinny, then what? But if you want to get healthier or fitter your life will change from without and within. You'll achieve longer lasting results too and probably be happier. By getting fitter you'll have a more toned and beautiful body and not be out of shape, able to do more and enjoy more. That in the long run will be more fun than just being skinny.

If I sound like a "mom", I'm sorry, but I am one. And I am trying to lose weight too. But I'm also a group fitness instructor so I do know a little about what I'm talking about. It's not easy but I'll tell you. I didn't start getting fit till I was 50. You have a great advantage in your youth, so do it now while it's easier and you get to enjoy the rewards a lot longer!

Good luck.

(Adding everyone that posted! :D Thanks, you all.)

Thanks for the advice, and I know that, actually. A friend of mine is lighter than I am and I am still in better shape than she is. I am not doing this just to be skinny, I am doing it for my health. The number on the scale matters to me only as a means to keep track and hold myself accountable and the number is by no means an indicator of my health. My healthy range (based on my weight and my bone structure as determined by my doctor) is between 150 and 120 pounds and I am more than 100 pounds heavier than the upper range. I chose the goal number that I did because I like how other people with the same bone structure and height as me look at around 130. I fully intend to stop trying to lose weight when I reach a size that I am comfortable with and feel healthy at. My reasons for wanting to lose this weight are many and include more than just looking good. I didn't mean to come off as sounding like that was my only reason, and I really was unaware that I had. My main reason for wanting to lose weight is for my health and my future. Looking good is just a bonus, really. :)
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am new here and have the same problem as you Jess. I am 43 and have been struggling with my weight since I was 9. My mother died then and of course food was my comfort. I lost enough weight just before high school to be a healthy weight(5'10 and 125 lbs). I was 145lbs when I got pregnant with my first son at age 19, and gained 40 lbs. Lost it all, but gained it all back within a year.. got pregnant again and gained another 40 lbs, but didn't lose it all this time. 2 more pregnancies but thankfully I only gained 20 lbs or less with each of them. By the time I turned 40 I quit smoking and gained another 100 lbs between then and now. 6 months ago I weighed my highest ever at 315 lbs. I started watching what I ate and got down to 295. That's where I am today. I feel your pain. I am actually starting the program to get surgery to aide in my weight loss. I'm tired of being unhealthy. I added you. :)