starving

Options
i had two waffles and a banana for breakfast by 11:00 i was starving for lunch i had a veggie patty from a local burger joint and less then half of an avocado/. no bread no fries talk about will power but why an i so hungry

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    are you drinking water, because you might just be thirsty,
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    are you drinking water, because you might just be thirsty,
    yes i drank two 16oz of water this morning
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    are you eating a small mid morning snack of some kind? I usually eat breakfast then snack rthen lunch then snak then supper then a small snack, I try to eat 5 to 6 times a day plus drink water, and white/or green tea! hope this helps:smile:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i think you need more protein in your breakfast. try some egg whites, turkey sausage, and add the veggies for a yummy scramble. it holds me over forever.

jimmy dean d-lites also has some great breakfast bagel and muffin sandwiches. high in protein and keep me full. also, you could try adding a handfull of almonds. to your regular breakfast.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I can see why you are hungry, your breakfast is under 200 cals and no snacks before lunch. 2 options to help you out
    1) Eat a larger breakfast 250-400 cals, and/or
    2) add a snack between breakfasts and lunch at 100-200 cals. Eating ofter helps your motabilism and keeps you from getting extremely hungry at any point in the day. Good luck
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    i ususally have the kashi cereal but it has alot of sugar. im trying not to eat bread but maybe once or twice a week/ is this putting me in starvation mode.
  • KariM
    KariM Posts: 53
    Options
    Agree - Smaller more frequent meals. Try bulky stuff too, like oatmeal, and almonds are great too. I keep a baggie of them everywhere - Car, office desk, home! And for a crunchy snack try a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter speard over a couple celery sticks.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/4 cup of egg beater with 1/2 slice of cheese w/whole wheat eng. muffin and I am totally full. Try eating more protein/fiber in your breakfast. I would stay away from waffles, etc. You are not getting the biggest bang for the amount of calories. My breakfast is only 155 calories!!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If your breakfast is full of protein and/or fiber you will stay full longer.
    Try oatmeal with berries & skim milk....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein (and some fiber). Trust me. :wink:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Yikes, and I just looked at your food diary for the rest of the week, and if you're logging all of your food, no wonder you're hungry. You're literally starving yourself (unless you're like 4 feet tall).
  • mibonita
    Options
    Just another mid morning snack idea..
    I'd drop to one waffle with your breakfast, and have a Dannon light yogurt as a snack. Hang in there! Sometimes it is just mind over matter..
  • dgoodspeed
    Options
    you need to also snack...i eat 500-600 calories in the a.m. (7:00 a.m.) after my workout and by 9:00 a.m. I am starving....so i have small snack of something healthy. Fruit, yogurt, almonds, etc.
    then i hold on drinking water till lunch, then snack again (high protein and fiber again) and then drink more water!
    then a HUGE dinner! grilled meat(s) 3 different veggies...no water and then right before i got to bed drink about 24 oz. of water.
  • dgoodspeed
    Options
    also eat lots of foods for breakfast that are high in fiber and protein.

follow my blog @ www.digdeeperfitness.blogspot.com

i just posted 7 different healthy breakfast meals that are wonderful and easy to make.....
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Yikes, and I just looked at your food diary for the rest of the week, and if you're logging all of your food, no wonder you're hungry. You're literally starving yourself (unless you're like 4 feet tall).

I agree - not enough food. And a lot of processed food. I wouldn't be able to function on that few calories.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Maybe you are more like me - I can't eat anything with carbs in the morning, I find myself starved the rest of the day. I have found if I start my day out with either just a cup of Sugar-free Hot coca or a true meal replacement drink (such as ensure, zoic or glucerna) and then lunch time comes eat - I do very well for the entire day getting in the foods and calories that I need. That morning thing... I have to avoid the carbs. Might be something to think about - everyone is different. :flowerforyou:
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You have to eat to lose weight. It is what gives your body it's fuel to burn off the excess fat and weight. :heart:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Maybe you are more like me - I can't eat anything with carbs in the morning, I find myself starved the rest of the day. I have found if I start my day out with either just a cup of Sugar-free Hot coca or a true meal replacement drink (such as ensure, zoic or glucerna) and then lunch time comes eat - I do very well for the entire day getting in the foods and calories that I need. That morning thing... I have to avoid the carbs. Might be something to think about - everyone is different. :flowerforyou:

A bottle of Ensure has 31g of carbs.
    With that said, I hope you can understand my confusion about your statement "I start my day out with... Ensure... but I have to avoid the carbs."
    Ensure has as many grams of carbs as the oatmeal/protein powder/peanut butter concoction I love to eat for breakfast. But oatmeal would be off the table for you because it's carby?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    You have to eat to lose weight. It is what gives your body it's fuel to burn off the excess fat and weight. :heart:

Some of the skinniest people I know eat constantly.
  • aerobicgirl
    Options

i feel like if im constantly eating im gonna gain weight so today i hade the veggie burger and gardettos (that was to hard for me to admit bc i know its bad) they have olive garden salad here at work thinking of going to get some/ being at work is hard they always have chocolate chip cookies, goldfish, nachos, gardettos, candy/ i try not to eat the gardettos everyday but im already trying not to eat bread but 1-2x a week/ its just really getting to hard/