Teenagers are spoiled rotten nowadays

Options

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hanner Mantanner,Justin Beaver,and Lady caca.I hear on the news how teens get into trouble and up to no good
    What happened when teenagers used to watch Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver.

Dude, you are out of touch. Today's younguns have no idea who Hanna Montana was, and Justin Bieber has been superseded by One Direction. Get with it already!

Also, realize that the teens you're hearing about on the news are not the only ones. There are lots of great kids out there who never have a mug shot on the news. It's not all gloom and doom.
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    Are you telling me Andy Griffith is out dated?:sad:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hanner Mantanner,Justin Beaver,and Lady caca.I hear on the news how teens get into trouble and up to no good
    What happened when teenagers used to watch Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver.

Dude, you are out of touch. Today's younguns have no idea who Hanna Montana was, and Justin Bieber has been superseded by One Direction. Get with it already!

Also, realize that the teens you're hearing about on the news are not the only ones. There are lots of great kids out there who never have a mug shot on the news. It's not all gloom and doom.
    Justin Beaver was replaced already? What's One Direction? I've never heard of him.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The entire generation is doomed...... Have now, think later, damn the consequences....

Yeah, whatever. People have been saying this for centuries. The old folks always b!tch about the younger generation. The younger generation complains about the old people. Blah, blah, blah. :indifferent:

P.S. As a high school teacher, I would say that the majority of kids are still good people. There are many more spoiled kids now than when I first started teaching, that is true, but there are still many, many kids who are compassionate, caring, and not completely self-centered. I see much more coddling from the parents than there was 10-15 years ago, but kids today are far from a "doomed generation."
  • thrudhammer
    thrudhammer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Teenagers are a@@holes

Children are karmic revenge. Grandkids are karmic rewards.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I won't say wayne newton, but I listen to a lot of hank sr, alabama, restless heart, blackhawk, sawyer brown, johnny cash sometimes....the stuff that was on country radio in the early 90s...today's stuff isn't so much country as pop....

as for TV i still watch andy griffith reruns, i dream of geney (sp?), i love lucy, mash, etc.

and I get annoyed that I am 25 driving a 10 year old rusty car and 16 year olds have waaaaaay nicer cars and trucks than me. I bet they didnt pay for their fancy new rides!

and Open doors for the elderly!! They have a lot to handle and could use the extra help and respect!!!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Every generation thinks the next one is terrible.
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    Thank You! :happy: ncthomas09
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    obvious troll is obvious.
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    HAhahaha I posted that Im a troll so many times
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I happen to own a teenager.

Teenagers are a@@holes

No truer words were ever typed. Mine's only been a teenager for 3 months and I'm already seriously contemplating strangling myself.
  • dontwantausername1
    Options
    Yup. An Andy Griffith troll... At least he thought of a new way to troll.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yup. An Andy Griffith troll... At least he thought of a new way to troll.
    I trolled an angry vegan with love once.
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    still thinking of new ways :)
  • dontwantausername1
    Options
    MFP should remove this thread. Dude admitted he's a troll.
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    Hahaha just keeping things interesting for the good people here
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    See, I worked with a lady that had a 14 and a 16 year old. The 16 year old was like, well, u can call them for me as far as employers for a job and got a car and everything else. The other girl was starting to go down that path.

my 17 year old cousin is the same way. he had everything handed to him and still in a way does. It annoys me, but I am not going to tell someone how to parent their child.

I have an 8 month old. And i know when he becomes a teenager that I will have to put him in his place, but I am not and will not spoil him and give him everything. Example: cell phones. When I turned 18 is when I was allowed to have one, but I had to work, pay for the phone, pay for the minutes, and replace if needed. I drove my moms car (yeah, u can laugh all you want, but i didn't start driving until i was 18 and mature enough to handle the responsibility) but i had to pay for the gas, half the insurance, repairs etc, and that was on top of taking care of her, working two federal work study jobs, going to school and being in band.

I didn't have anything handed to me, and was taught "anything worth having is worth working for" and it is something that was passed down to my mom from her dad. And I plan on teaching that to my child.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hahaha just keeping things interesting for the good people here
    for the good teenagers, you mean? :wink:
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    :indifferent: I mean...umm..
    Okay I admit it some teenagers are okay:ohwell:
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Justin Beaver was replaced already? What's One Direction? I've never heard of him.

One Direction is a boyband from England. This generation's version of the Backstreet Boys or Menudo. They're not actual musicians; they just sing along to synthesizers and hop around in tight pants looking cute, so all the teen girls can squee at them.