diary is open

Options
Diary is open...what gives I'm not losing...what gives...please feel free to help me..ALL comments welcomed...I'm eating Only what's on my diary...nothing.. else....no snacking...Do I need to eat more/less...please help....

Replies

• leska1216
    Options
    Diary is open...what gives I'm not losing...what gives...please feel free to help me..ALL comments welcomed...I'm eating Only what's on my diary...nothing.. else....no snacking...Do I need to eat more/less...please help....

Diary is not open.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    As well as opening your diary, could we have a bit more information? Male/female? Height? Starting weight? Goal weight? How long have you been trying? Any other medical factors?
  • jdtd1967
    jdtd1967 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    4' 11"...starting at 188/lbs...female...would like to be 140/Ish.....started back on this again in Aug...now I'm really sticking with it..the extra cushions have to go....
  • jdtd1967
    Options
    Sorry..it's opened now...
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Had a quick look - What sort of training are you doing with this?
    How much water do you drink? You eat a lot of processed stuff, high in sodium and a lot of shakes - these are good but try and stick to one a day only, also I would eat more veges, less processed stuff
    I would stick to the 1200 cals limit for your height too
  • jdtd1967
    Options
    Had a quick look - What sort of training are you doing with this?
    How much water do you drink? You eat a lot of processed stuff, high in sodium and a lot of shakes - these are good but try and stick to one a day only, also I would eat more veges, less processed stuff
    I would stick to the 1200 cals limit for your height too
    I have not been doing any training...I drink 8/10 glasses of water per day....Thanks..
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Are you going to exercise?
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Start training then :) walking would be a great place to start
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Think you will need to do some exercise to see results. Also if you do regular good exercise you can eat some exercise calories back too which will help you stick to the diet. Personally, I would find 1200 hard to stick to long term.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    Get a cheap pedometer and see how many steps you clock up. If you have more cash to spare get a Nike fuelband. You need to be doing at least 10,000 steps a day (its not that much).

If it were me I'd cut out the bread and cheese and eat more fruit.
    Also make sure your hitting 1200 Cal's each say. 1000 isn't enough, mfp warns you if you go less than 1200.
  • jdtd1967
    Options
    I plan to start walking 30/ min a day...on my lunch hour...thanks to everyone..all of you are angels...I'm blessed to have such wonderful help....
  • kdsteelez
    kdsteelez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. First off, you are doing great in keeping with your calorie goals. My girlfriend had a problem similar to yours in that she was losing very slowly or not at all at MFP's recommended 1200 calories. I don't believe all the "starvation" theories touted on these forums but do believe too few calories can slow down your metabolism and reduce your rate of progress.

Try calculating your BMR and TDEE and eat enough calories to stay over your BMR. For more detail and explanation, see Dan's posting "In place of a roadmap". "http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12"

I would also try to eat more normal foods. For you to have long term, sustainable success, your eating habits must evolve into something you can live with for the rest of your life. Try replacing some of the protein shakes with real food. In the mornings, try Egg Beaters and Turkey Sausage Crumbles for a filling, low cal breakfast that contains protein. Drink lots of water and try to wean yourself off the diet sodas.

Walking and strength training was also a key.. I recommend a quality heart rate monitor such as the Polar FT4 to ensure you are walking at a rate that will burn the most fat. For strength training, look at Strong Lifts 5x5 or Starting Strength programs.

Hope this helps.