Teenagers are spoiled rotten nowadays

Options
124»

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hanner Mantanner,Justin Beaver,and Lady caca.I hear on the news how teens get into trouble and up to no good
    What happened when teenagers used to watch Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver.

Dude, you are out of touch. Today's younguns have no idea who Hanna Montana was, and Justin Bieber has been superseded by One Direction. Get with it already!

Also, realize that the teens you're hearing about on the news are not the only ones. There are lots of great kids out there who never have a mug shot on the news. It's not all gloom and doom.
    Justin Beaver was replaced already? What's One Direction? I've never heard of him.

One Direction is a boyband from England. This generation's version of the Backstreet Boys or Menudo. They're not actual musicians; they just sing along to synthesizers and hop around in tight pants looking cute, so all the teen girls can squee at them.

Their music is *kitten*...
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    ...I hope this is a troll.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like the Troll in question is a pedophile with eyes on teenagers...
  • GaryRuizReborn
    Options
    Teenagers? who are they?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like the Troll in question is a pedophile with eyes on teenagers...

Maybe a crush on Opie
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    most of them are little ****heads..
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I happen to own a teenager.

Teenagers are a@@holes

Yup

I concur.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Isn't Lady Gaga in her mid-twenties or something?
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    I own a teenager and she is a wonderful human unlike you.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I happen to own a teenager.

Teenagers are a@@holes

lucky you! I have TWO, and both of them are going to drive me frickin INSANE with trying to keep up with everyone else. My oldest is special needs, and his main focus right now is ham radio. Seems like very friggin week he has a list of radio stuff he wants.

My second child is 12, almost 13, and can't understand why she cannot have all the things that her best friend ( who happens to be a spoiled only child of parents who have more $$ than sense). She is constantly wanting a cell phone ( not happening), more pets, expensive clothes ( she ain't getting more Justice while I can't buy walmart for myself) and so on while I am trying to figure out how to fill the propane tank for heat this winter.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    private school teens are by far the worst (coming from a PS "young adult")...how I made it 5years is a miracle!

https://twitter.com/PSConcerns
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I detest this topic...

Yes I would say I was a rather spoiled child/teenager, especially from my Dad :)
    (my parents didn't have a lot of money, but because they were separated myself and my big brother naturally got more)

But even though I rebelled (I was a little S**t between the ages of 13-17)
    I still went to college at 16, worked hard, got a job a 18 worked harder.

Now studying to become a nurse which is what I have wanted to do since I was 12.

I wouldn't say I was spoiled back then, but now looking back I did get more than other people that I know.

So yeah, your society isn't that ruined, its the minority stereotype that makes you prejudiced about the younger generation...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

One Direction is a boyband from England. This generation's version of the Backstreet Boys or Menudo. They're not actual musicians; they just sing along to synthesizers and hop around in tight pants looking cute, so all the teen girls can squee at them.

Their music is *kitten*...

THIS
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have a teenager... he's 13 and a royal pain *kitten* sometimes, but most times he's fantastic :-) and NOT spoiled.
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    I have to go with those who agree that this general blanket statement is a bit unfair. I'm 23 now, but I've held at least one job at a time since I was 16. I played sports in both high school and college, I got good grades, and didn't get in any more trouble than the average teenager does. I've worked my hiney off to be where I have gotten and to be thrown into the same pool of people in the "spoiled generation" is insulting. I was not spoiled and I HAVE become a successful participant in the adult professional world by doing it all by myself. Not every teenager is a morally corrupt, spoiled ball of irresponsible choices and irrational sense of entitlement. There really are "good kids" out there!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Teenagers are a@@holes

Children are karmic revenge. Grandkids are karmic rewards.

If my teenager provides me with a grandchild, I won't feel very rewarded.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a good person, and just barely not a teenager (20.) Sometimes I have to take a step back and realize I'm getting too big for my britches (figuratively AND literally!) but then I try to remember how lucky I am to have the friends and family I do, a (pretty nice) roof over my head, and technology that can do pretty much everything but my laundry. I think certain people, not even just teenagers, get too accustomed to the things we have like iPhones and luxury cars and indoor plumbing and forget all about the people, even within their own country, that aren't as fortunate.