What's good for breakfast??

Options
I get sick of eating cereal every day, or oatmeal. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a low calorie breakfast, around 400 calories? I like just about anything, but cooking is not my favorite thing to do unless it is fairly easy to do. So if you have a great breakfast recipe then I would love it. I would love some type of coffee cake or something like that if there is such a thing that is low calorie. Anyway, I am open to all suggestions!!

Replies

• sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually have eggs for breakfast.. I use 1 egg, and 3 egg whites, a little bit of milk. Scramble them and have them with a couple of pieces of toast, or sometimes I will have a little bacon with it. You are better off aiming for a high protein breaky. Maybe for something different and easy you could make a smoothie with some protein powder in it?? If you look on google you will be able to find heaps of recipes :-)
  • tinalisk86
    Options
    I eat two boiled eggs or plain yogurt with strawberry jam mixed in to sweeten it.
  • matthewlamere
    matthewlamere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not you'll get way better nutritional values from eggs and egg whites along with oatmeal and some sliced fruit than any type of cereal. I always go with two eggs and some red seedless grapes or an apple and it does the trick for me :)
  • jomorie
    jomorie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i usually have baked beans and a poached egg :]
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    Protein shake and shredded wheat. About 420 calories.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    A variety of fruits sometimes is a nice refreshing way to start a day :) you could eat a lot of fruit for 400 so you'd be pretty full too
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie with strawberrys, kiwi fruit, almond meal, yoghurt, skim milk, spinach blend together and drink. Or Baked Beans on toast, there are lots of things you can have for breakfast to make it interesting
  • srhargraves
    Options
    ok, I love the greek yogurt but never thought about buying it plain and adding my own sweetener. Sugar free strawberry preserves or jam sounds really good. Gona try that. Love shredded wheat too. I guess if you get the plain kind it isn't so high in calories as the kind with sugar on top. It may sound gross but take some shredded wheat and put the greek yogurt with sugar free strawberry jam on top and it sounds like a good little breakfast...hummmm...thanks for the ideas....Do you guys use the egg beaters or just separate your on egg whites?
  • srhargraves
    Options
    baked beans??? I never heard of having baked beans for breakfast. Interesting....is that the canned baked beans? It is interesting to hear about the different things people eat in different parts of the country. I am in Texas and I have never had a bean for breakfast in my life. But I love baked beans and they are a very good source of protein, so why not.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    baked beans??? I never heard of having baked beans for breakfast. Interesting....is that the canned baked beans? It is interesting to hear about the different things people eat in different parts of the country. I am in Texas and I have never had a bean for breakfast in my life. But I love baked beans and they are a very good source of protein, so why not.

Baked beans are a core part of a "full English breakfast". Sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans and toast. You're looking at 1000+ calories so best not have them too often :)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast options most mornings:

- A hardboiled egg on an English muffin, and a piece of fruit
    - A protein smoothie with soymilk and whatever fruit I have on hand
    - Yogurt with berries in it, and a little granola if there's some laying around
    - peanut butter on rice cakes or whole wheat toast

All under 400 calories.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Baked beans are a core part of a "full English breakfast". Sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans and toast. You're looking at 1000+ calories so best not have them too often :)

That calorie number is for the full English - not just the beans on toast! I had beans (reduced sugar ones) on toast (wholemeal) today at just over 300 calories. Beans on wholemeal toast give you the full range of amino acids your body needs so is a great food!
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Or full Scottish breakfast! haha

Baked beans, fried egg, link sausage, bacon, fried bread, tattie scone, fried mushrooms, fried tomatos, black pudding and toast wi a wee cuppa to wash it all down with...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/36352631_ce4090b219.jpg

I really wanna go across to Morrisons now, I shall resist!

haha

xx
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I cook myself an homemade egg mcmuffin..They are very simple..Thomas' English Muffin, toasted, Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage that is frozen and I thaw out and microwave, and one egg that I poach in the microwave..Occasionally I might add a hlaf piece of cheese. I think this runs about 300 calories and it's yummy and keeps me full!!
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    special k makes a flat bread breakfast sandwich 200 cal. not bad
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 calorie english muffin and a tablespoon of nutella. Delicious and only 200 calories
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    You could have steak and mashed potatoes if you wanted. You can eat anything you want at breakfast. There's no reason to stick to "breakfast foods."
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Do you guys use the egg beaters or just separate your on egg whites?

I separate my own -- much cheaper.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    for me, the best breakfast is no breakfast

working out fasted and saving those breakfast calories for later works great for me
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    1 egg omelet with low fat shredded cheddar, broccoli (and/or tomatoes or other veggie of your choice) and bits of chopped up Thin n Trim turkey :) Side order of favorite fruit and a small (6oz) dish of greek yogurt.

Time to go make me one >.>