Calories in an italian wedgie???? Holy moly, what did i do?

Options
Hello, I've been doing awesome on my diet (lifestyle change) and exercise, but yesterday I did a 10 hour work day with A LOT of strenuous activity, felt more exhausted than doing a hard core workout session and came home REALLY late and hungry. I didn't have time to make a healthy dinner so my hubby ordered me a large Italian wedgie from an Orlando pizza place called Italian village pizza. I ate HALF of the dang thing because before I went to work I had only a bowl of cereal and coffee - bad I know but I forgot my pre made food in the car and it got ruined from the heat of the sun-. I can't seem to find the nutrition info anywhere except from a place called fox pizza place that makes similar wedgies, but all places. makes things different ways and uses different oils etc. Someone please help and don't sugar coat the damage, I'm assuming a lot of calories anyway. Thankyou in advance and please excuse any of my typos, I'm on my smart phone.

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wedgies suck.. I mean they're all up in your butt while you're running and there's nothing you can do about it!
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just log as close as you can figure and move on! One meal isn't going to damage your progress!!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Just log as close as you can figure and move on! One meal isn't going to damage your progress!!

^This. I don't worry too much about something I'm not going to eat often. I find something close to the same in the database and move on.
  • samlankford
    Options

100% agree... probably didn't damage you as much as you would think since you had a bowl of cereal and coffee in the morning and that is it... nothing to cry about
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you had like, 400 calories for breakfast for the entire day. I'm pretty sure you were able to afford to binge on dinner.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

That's what I do. Find a food that's as close as possible, log it and do better next time. :smile:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I usually go for the worst, I find the closest thing, add a couple hundred (by saying I ate an extra half serving or something of that nature) if I know there is something unusual about the item (like extra bacon) and call it done. Or I add the unusal addition as its own item in the logs.

One day will not a habit make. As long as you don't keep repeating it. And if you overestimated the calories by a hundred or so, it really isn't a game changer.
    Start the next day fresh and remember what happened yesterday was in the past, you can't change it. This is about changing lifestyle to become a healthier you. Not setting up a barricade of restrictions that will keep you penned in for the rest of your life. That is a sure way to fail.
  • calm81
    calm81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha, something told me someone would make a reference to actual wedgies..when someone's got a wedgie I usually ask if their butt is hungry :P I know I should move on, but its the fact I know its like close 1200 calories or and thousands in sodium. Ughh, but as one poster mentioned...its not like I'm going to eat it a lot.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    growing up in new york city, i've eaten my fair share of italian food and i have never ever heard of an italian wedgie.
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a take away pizza every friday (well half of one anyway) and there is no nutritional info at the shop for it so I too have used the closest I can find for Pizza Hut as I know thier pizzas are extremely high in calories so it cant be too far off. As this is a regular thing I will work the rest of my meals for the day around this. Only went over this week as am changing things around a bit and we have a Soccer Club meeting once a month and I will have 2 x half pint of lager while there. As the others have said, dont sweat about it as it was just a one off in your case and if you are worried try and be just a little mean with what you have today but not excessively so.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I googled it and according to this site half of a 9" Italian wedge is 560 calories.

http://www.nutrition-charts.com/foxs-pizza-den-nutrition-information/

It might be a starting point for your calories...
  • calm81
    Options
    Haha, I know what u mean...I'm from Boston and have an Italian family. My hubby told me he couldn't keep a straight face ordering a wedgie, but he knows I love Italian subs more than anything and thought he pizza dough version was healthier for me than hoagie bread ( bless his heart, a hoagie roll is like a quarter of the calories than pizza dough) but he tried :P
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    growing up in new york city, i've eaten my fair share of italian food and i have never ever heard of an italian wedgie.

its like a pizza sandwich.. two crusts with yummy evil food in the middle..google it :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

its like a pizza sandwich.. two crusts with yummy evil food in the middle..google it :)

like a calzone?
  • calm81
    Options

like a calzone?
    picture a pizza folded in half with the same ingredients to make an Italian sub....lettuce tomato onion ham salami provolone etc...Italian dressing
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options

like a calzone?

kinda sorta..more like a sandwich ..italian quesadilla? :p