What's good for breakfast??

Options

Replies

• LindaZ5
    LindaZ5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I bought a microwave egg poacher. So in 90 seconds I have 2 poached eggs and 1 piece of wheat toast. (I cut it in half to put one egg on each half) Delish, filling and quick! Microwave poacher was $4.99 at the grocery store. Great change from my weekday cereal.
  • samlankford
    Options
    chocolate shakeology with an additional scoop or two of protein powder blended with 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk and 1 cup of ice.. LOVE starting my day with a chocolate "milk" shake!! lol
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Today I am having
    one egg fried - 70 cal
    spray oil-10 cal
    1/2 slice of cheese- 40 cal
    6 slices thin deli ham - 60 cal
    1 slice whole wheat raising bread- 80 cal
    total- 260 cal
    I will have some tea with a splash of milk and honey ( about 25 cal), and an apple or banana in about an hour
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Home fried sweet potatos with zuccchini, onon, garlic and some peanut oil. fried in a pan.
  • grannyfranny2
    Options
    I like one hard boiled egg plus the white only of the second egg with hot sauce !! and a orange ! Also I like 90 cal yogurt with raw oatmeal stirred in plus an orange. These give my morning a good start. I like the bean idea...sounds yummy. I'll try it.:happy:
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    baked beans??? I never heard of having baked beans for breakfast. Interesting....is that the canned baked beans? It is interesting to hear about the different things people eat in different parts of the country. I am in Texas and I have never had a bean for breakfast in my life. But I love baked beans and they are a very good source of protein, so why not.

Baked beans are a core part of a "full English breakfast". Sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans and toast. You're looking at 1000+ calories so best not have them too often :)

Now *that* is what I call a breakfast, what Sir Terry describes as "a celebration of cholesterol"
  • ltwarthen
    ltwarthen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, a banana and a rice cake (sometimes with 1/2 TB of all-natural peanut butter). It comes to about 200 calories (without the PB), and it feels like plenty of food!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same thing everyday lately. I love it. It takes about 5 minutes to make. High protein and delicious.

Ingredients:
    Liquid egg whites
    Green Giant Frozen Just-for-One Brocolli and Cheese

Directions
    Heat a skillet on medium and put the brocolli and cheese in the microwave (about 3 minutes)
    Add one cup of liquid egg whites to the skillet. (I also add pepper and oregano)
    Once the egg whites are done, add the brocolli and cheese on one half
    Close over the other half
    Put it on a plate
    Presto!

All done. All for about 140ish calories. Sometimes I'll eat an apple too or put something else as the omlet filler. I try to stay under 250 for breakfast but you could definately add to this (meat or something) to bring up the count if you're looking for something around 400.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I few of my fav I came up with,,,

- Baked Beans - they are low cal & low fat

- Toast with Avocado and Tomato (with a crack of pepper)

- Toast with Tomato and Ricotta (with a crack of pepper...you could even add some basil leaves if you have them!!)

- Toast with Tomato and crumbed Fete Cheese (with a crack of pepper)

- Ricotta in a bowl mixed with honey and cinnamon, then serve with banana and raisin toast - SO yum! But not sure how healthy raisin toast is , so you could just have it with banana

- Make yourself some Birchir muesli (the one you soak over night) - there are great recipes on the internet, and you can basically make it up

- Poached egg ( takes no more than 5 mins to make if you use hot water from a kettle , then put it over the stove;) )

- Toast with peanut butter and sliced banana (not everyday though, cause of the pb)

Hope this helps and gives you some different ideas :)
  • mareeee1234
    Options
    wooow..in Australia, baked beans are SUCH a breakfast food!!!!! Baked beans and eggs and toast.. yum! You can get it at so many restaurants on their breakfast menus!! So interesting that people don't do that in other places of the world. For us, having baked beans for dinner would be weeeird hahaha
    baked beans??? I never heard of having baked beans for breakfast. Interesting....is that the canned baked beans? It is interesting to hear about the different things people eat in different parts of the country. I am in Texas and I have never had a bean for breakfast in my life. But I love baked beans and they are a very good source of protein, so why not.

Baked beans are a core part of a "full English breakfast". Sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans and toast. You're looking at 1000+ calories so best not have them too often :)

Now *that* is what I call a breakfast, what Sir Terry describes as "a celebration of cholesterol"
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I find that a high protein breakfast keeps me more full and for a longer time. So I often have 1/2 cup of egg whites (80 calories) mixed with 1 Lite Babybel cheese (50 calories) cut up into a microwave omelet maker and then put it in there for 1 minute 15 seconds. It's delicious and sometimes I put it on a high-fiber grain bread so I stay full longer. Low in calories and keeps you going for a while.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Eggs and ham, Eggs and sausage, Eggs and veggies...you get the idea.
  • pocketmel
    Options
    Baked beans for breakfast are awesome! Not the healthiest but do treat yourself. We have it here as part of a staple: baked beans, ham, eggs, bacon, pancakes all topped with maple syrup. Not the wisest breakfast but one has to try it at least once in their lifetime. :bigsmile:
  • mareeee1234
    Options
    no no canned baked beans are super healthyyyy!
    (just not the bacon, ham, pancakes, and maple syrup!)
    baked beans are high in protein and looowww in fat, and aren't very high in calories!
    defs not a treat foood! they're fine! read the label, or even do a google search, you'll see :)
    Baked beans for breakfast are awesome! Not the healthiest but do treat yourself. We have it here as part of a staple: baked beans, ham, eggs, bacon, pancakes all topped with maple syrup. Not the wisest breakfast but one has to try it at least once in their lifetime. :bigsmile:
  • pocketmel
    Options
    All this brekkies are small portioned. Is this the way to start a morning? Simply wondering... I can't do the 6 small meals a day.:ohwell:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I just had 2 scrambled eggs with some shredded cheese, parsley and pepper, 2 slices of toast with whipped butter and jelly and a cup of coffee.
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you have a griddle and have time:

Thomas Lite English Muffin
    5 slices deli turkey breast (thinly sliced)
    One slice Gouda
    One egg

I spray with a little non-stick spray, then cook my egg over easy (the partially done yolk acts as a type of mayo on the sandwich when it breaks) along with toasting the muffin and heating up the turkey (all on the griddle together).

It's a really great sandwich for around 300 calories, and it keeps me happy until lunch. :smile:
  • dadeys1
    dadeys1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST MUFFIN or BAGEL: 287 cal
    Thomas - Bagel Thin - Plain Mdi, 1 bagel OR 100 cal English Muffin
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large
    Kraft Fat-Free Singles - American Cheese Slice, 1 slice
    Hillshire Farms - Deli Select Smoked Ham, 2 ounces

BREAKFAST BURIRITO: Around 80 cal each
    Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Pre-cooked
    Scramble Eggs
    Low Fat Shredded America Cheese
    Low Cal Tortilla Shell

We make a batch of these and freeze them individually in plastic wrap. They microwave great.
  • donnakcraig
    donnakcraig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    plain greek yougart with some frut and sweeter will fill you up

toast with a wedge of laughing cow cheese fills my tummy and taste great.

take a tin can (like small chicken) fill it with egg beaters, add canadian bacon browned and top it with a slice of cheese...yummmmm

happy breakfast
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1/4-1/2c fibre one cereal

READ ON

added to!!
    1/2c yogurt
    mix and enjoy!

OR!

1/4c fibre one cereal or kaschi go-lean (or however the hell it's spelled)
    1/4c yogurt
    1/4c skim or 1%milk
    6 ice cubes
    blend in blender til desired consistency
    add fresh fruit if you like! (prior to blending or it's a b*tch to get thru the straw)