what things are the most important to track in your diary?

13»

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I track my fitness pals to make sure they STAY ON TRACK!

Calories

Exercise, because it is in my diary also.

Protein

I gave up tracking sodium even though I have high blood pressure. It is controlled through meds and sodium doesn't make it go up. I do wish I could do better with it but I have enough 'things' going on with life right now that Cals and Exercise take priority first. When things settle down and/or I reach my goal weight, I'll do better then.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    I track

calories
    carbs
    protein
    potassium
    sodium
    fiber

I track potassium because it helps counteract when you have had too much sodium
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    I only track calories, carbs and protein. When I track anything else I tend to get overwhelmed and too obsessed over it. Trying to keep everything perfect, every day, makes it too much of a "diet" for me. Good job!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    I track calories in general. I don't pay too much attention to carbs or sugar as I don't eat anything crazy and most of my sugar comes from fruit...though I do "track" them on here. I also have protein, fat, sodium, and fiber that I look at the most. I used to eat a lot of sodium so that has been my main focus to keep it at 1500mg.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    1 Calories
    2 Protein
    3 Fiber

Everything else is a free for all.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,078 Member
    Calories

1. carbs
    2. fat
    3. protein
    4. fiber
    5. calcium
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Calcium. As a young woman, it's vitally important you are getting enough calcium now and throughout your life to keep your bones healthy.
  • Correction: I left off carbs from my list!
    I track:
    Calories
    Carbs
    Fat
    Protein
    Fiber
    Sodium
    The only thing that I am extremely specific about keeping in check is calories, but I keep a good balance on everything else for the most part. I go over on sodium occasionally but I don't want to go waaaaay overboard on that and end up with bloating (especially near weigh-in day!)
  • janbo19
    janbo19 Posts: 6 Member
    I need to track every. single. morsel. that goes into my mouth. It's called being true to myself. :)
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    I need to track every. single. morsel. that goes into my mouth. It's called being true to myself. :)

How do you do that? I can only see five things at once... Or do you switch constantly between?
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    At the moment I'm most interested in getting enough vitamins - so I look at that. But I change my focus alot!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    swap sugar for fiber
    You should not be limiting fruits because of going over your sugar contents.
  • I track carbs, protein,fat, and at first I wanted to do sodium and fibre but I have been sluggish so I am opting for iron, and calcium because I am lactose-intolerant. But when I have a good idea of what to eat to achieve healthy doses of iron and calcium, I will be tracking fibre and sodium for sure.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Calories, cabs, fat, protein, fibre, sodium. The latter because heart problems run in my family and it's worth me be aware. Also, I tend to go for salty rather than sweet anyway (Put a slice of chocolate cake and a bucket of hot, salty chips in front of me and I will go for the chips every time!)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    I track cals, carbs, fat, protein, sodium, sugar.
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    i'm tracking
    1) calories (obviously)
    2) carbs
    3) fat
    4) protein
    5) sugar
    6) sodium

should i be tracking something else? what and why? what are you tracking?
    i'm 18, if my age matters at all.

Same as you, except fibre rather than sugar.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    My mantra has always been KISS "Keep It Simple Stupid"

I track:

1. Calories
    2. Carbs
    3 Proteins
    4. Fats

I do not track anything beyond that other than to drink atleast half my weight in ounces of water daily. Have never tracked a gram of sugar or sodium and have managed to lose a few pounds in the process... Best of Luck.........