Anyone else want to lose 50+ lbs to be an athlete?

Options
Wondering if there is anyone else out there that isn't looking to lose weight just to "look" good. If you are such a person, add me! We all need motivation. :D

Replies

• Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes, I am 24, 193 right now and would like to get down to about 130 (I would reassess my goals when Im in that weight range) but I would love to become a runner and take up swimming and dancing (I used to swim and dance and would love to get back into it). I have never been a runner and have always wanted to be!

Friend request sent!
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet ya! ^___^ Well, we shall make sure you accomplish that goal! :3
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump :D
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    I am looking to feel better and improve my health I want to be able to run 10ks and whatever to stay fit. But I admit I want to look good...because when you look good you feel good. I never started this journey for looks though. i started for my health.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I started in April just so I could play tennis. Have always enjoyed it. Tried before I lost; ended up with foot fracture and bursitis in shoulder. :/ so decided to lose weight so I could play. So not only am I down 62 lbs now, but my team is #1 and hopefully we will go to state in Nov.!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am looking to feel better and improve my health I want to be able to run 10ks and whatever to stay fit. But I admit I want to look good...because when you look good you feel good. I never started this journey for looks though. i started for my health.
    [/quote

Same for me. I just wanted to get healthy. I ended up surprising myself. People tell me that I have inspired them.. I just wanted to be a perfect size 12, but now I am a perfect size 8. Who knew if you focus on health it is attainable.. I am now the athlete that I pretended to be at 216lbs.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Wondering if there is anyone else out there that isn't looking to lose weight just to "look" good. If you are such a person, add me! We all need motivation. :D

That was my goal and I achieved it! Anyone can do it if they want to. While there is no one size fits all here is how I did it. But I am a short petite female and don't have as much room in my calorie budget as bigger people do. Short people beware of the "eat more" mantra, that mainly works for bigger people who have more room in their calorie budget to work with. When you are small and petite like me than your RMR is too close to the 1200 limit for that to work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

BEFORE:
    MeandRandy_zpscadd3eae.jpg

AFTER:
    fitnessonedumbbell.jpg