What do you use for non-food rewards?

Replies

• jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Replacing clothes is a great intrinsic reward! But I also do set milestone rewards - I'm 4 lbs away from a foot spa, and the next milestone I'm buying myself a dress. I haven't picked the others yet 'cause I want them to be things I am wanting as of when I am trying to hit the milestone, and those are the major things I want right now. I like having accountability, something I can't have until I get it done. And I walk so much, I really really want that foot spa!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    got my eye on shopping...but trying to save a grand before i go shopping so will be around xmas
    ermm peruvian hair extension, some new nail stuff, more make-up and bamm high waisted bikini !
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    60 pounds was my original goal and my reward was a tattoo I have wanted for over 10 years.

Along the way I treated myself to cute clothes off the rack - some I didn't even try on first!! :wink:

Now, as I get my body into shape (instead of just smaller) I reward myself based on fitness goals - like today I reached 100 miles running in 2 months and my reward will be a new blender and high purity protein powder. Next I need some sort of supplies for running in the rain, which is coming to Southern oregon soon.

Yesterday I registered for my first 5k race and after completion of that I will buy some of those supplies.
  • Boshnivay
    Boshnivay Posts: 74 Member
    i usually can't do rewards because it just feels weird. plus, i'm not really at a place where i can lose pounds easily (the last ten pounds type of thing to look fit), so i don't know if poundage lost would be a good way to figure out a reward. just reading over the posts made me realize that i could reward myself if i go to the gym for a certain number of times in a week, a certain number of minutes spent, or something like that. i think i will try this, thanks guys!
  • My goal is to lose 2 pounds every week, which usually happens. If I meet that goal, my weigh in day is a rest day (once a week). On my rest days I usually take a really long bath ^__^
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    clothes.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    One of my bigger loss rewards will be a tattoo when I reach 140 on my foot. I try and reward myself for every 5 lb loss. One of my 5 lb loss rewards was Sims3 Supernatural. <3 Of course I got it early... so I have to wait till 145 to get anything more :\ about 7 lbs to go! :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i love the idea of a charm bracelet. I have goals, my end goal is a trip to Disneyland.
  • atulas
    atulas Posts: 23 Member
    Giving myself 100 dollars a pound to spend on "improve me" items that normally would not ever spend my money on (like lasik / MHT, plastic surgery, hair removal etc). But only if I reach my healthy goal of 60 pounds not a penny spent till then. Kinda fun thinking of stuff that I want to do when that goal finally happens. Up to $1000 now (10 pounds).
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Giving myself 100 dollars a pound to spend on "improve me" items that normally would not ever spend my money on (like lasik / MHT, plastic surgery, hair removal etc). But only if I reach my healthy goal of 60 pounds not a penny spent till then. Kinda fun thinking of stuff that I want to do when that goal finally happens. Up to $1000 now (10 pounds).

dammn...will you be my sugar daddy? :p
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Fitness equipment. The bigger the loss, the more expensive the equipment. I like it to be things that will help me reach my goals. Alternately, I'm curious if anyone else has not only rewards, but punishments? I have set things like not getting any TV time for 30 days if I don't hit a particular goal, etc...

I reward with fitness stuff & punish by working out harder & longer... Did I mention I have a really bad addiction to working out???
    Oh, and Hubz isn't allowed to see me naked - not sure who that's punishing or rewarding...
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Bragging right to those who didn't think I could do it :)
  • I buy new lingerie when I get to milestones :smokin:
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    I have a friend who buys herself an audio book every time she reaches a goal. She usually listens to the audio books when she's working out so it's a double win.

I don't really reward myself. I have plans to reward myself with tattoos once I reach my goal though. Looking forward to that!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Clothes! :happy:

if i lose 20lbs by the end of this year i will treat myself to new clothes.
  • I don't reward myself just for pounds lost. I buy clothes as I need them, but not a lot just what I need, because I see a new wardrobe in my future! With that said, if I do all my workouts, eat properly and stay on the path when I lose 10 pounds I reward myself with something like a new perfume, a little expensive but a reward and I can still use it no matter how much weight I lose. New earrings, a watch, something that I use as markers for how far I've come.
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    I cannot afford to reward myself after every 5 lbs. But my next reward will be in November when I go to London. Shopping for new clothes, maybe even a dress! :) I hope to have lost 22 lbs by then.
  • atulas
    atulas Posts: 23 Member

dammn...will you be my sugar daddy? :p

Ha! Looks like we have the same goal pounds to lose. If we both make it to our goals I will send you are care package, I have a perfect idea. This helps me also, now if I make it to my goal, I get what I want AND someone else gets something nice also. Pay it forward at its best.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    I don't do rewards. I'm down 43lbs and have had to buy new clothes several times, so that's where my money goes. Feeling a thousand times better about myself is enough of a reward. I thought about buying a fabulous new wardrobe when I get to goal, but I really have no idea when that will be. I feel like I'll be firming up for a while after getting to goal weight (and therefore needing smaller sizes again.)

^^ I had the guy version of this - I dropped 40 pounds and I had to re-buy all my pants and jeans twice. Not complaining at all, but it just sucks having two bins of brand new pants that I barely wore.

So yeah - properly fitting clothes are a really cool reward - they make you look great and feel great about yourself

with yall... except I quit after 40lbs.. waiting till goal weight. My friends think I'm homeless..:) don't care. not wasting any more money.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    I don't consider new clothes a treat, they are a necessity of life. So far I have bought fitness related stuff to keep me going. A HRM, an exercise bike. Yesterday I bought a tennis racket. I have my eye on a gorgeous Frank Gehry necklace for when I make it to 100lbs lost.