Cottage Cheese and Pesto

Options
jkmiller82
jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
I'm not the biggest fan of cottage cheese, but I've been trying to incorporate it into my diet and I've seen a couple people in the forums mention that they add pesto to their cottage cheese and decided to give it a try for lunch today.

O.M.G.

My life is forever changed. I took two Low Sodium Rice Cakes and mixed together 2 tablespoons of pesto with a little less than 1/2 a cup of 2% cottage cheese, then I put the mixture on top of the rice cakes and topped each cake with a big slice of beefsteak tomato. I sprinkled a little Italian seasoning and a tad bit of salt on top.

Best lunch ever and less than 300 calories. It was super filling!

Anyways, hope ya'll try it too, cause I'll be eating this weekly, if not more!

Replies

• bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    yum! This sounds super good.
  • kristen807
    Options
    bump thanks for sharing c:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the people who loves pesto with cottage cheese. I use the no-salt-added cottage cheese and much less pesto. I generally use less than a teaspoon per half cup of cottage cheese. Go ahead and experiment with the ratio of cottage cheese to pesto, as you may find that you can get by with less pesto than you might initially assume you need.

If you throw it in the blender, it makes a great dip/spread.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • madblondebint
    madblondebint Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the tip, I've just tried this and absolutely love it!!! :happy:
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yum! Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sounds incredible!
  • rozyposie
    Options
    def going to try this..Thanks!
  • BlondieMtl1972
    Options
    mmmm great idea, so gonna try this :)
  • princessrtk
    Options
    Very interesting! I have both in my fridge right now, will have to try. Thanks for posting this!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese but have never had it with pesto! Thanks for the tips!