Want a burger Bad

Options
2»

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Eat the burger you want, account for it, and maybe add some extra exercise in before or after it.

I agree with this cause if you deprive yourself from all the foods you love then it gets harder and harder to stay on track i would have the burger. every one has a cheat day here and there.. as long as you get back on track ...
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    We add finely chopped onions and peppers to the beef that way meat content is less.
    I would just go for it. I'm having a burger tonight and planned ahead with healthy low cal breakfast and lunch.
    You could also make mini sliders on whole wheat roll or pita and only eat one with grilled veggies on the side.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You can get the very lean ground beef - I use the 95 or 96% lean ground beef, and one of those Arnold's sandwich thins (only 100 calories) and top it with some lettuce and salsa. You can even use Weight Watcher's american cheese slices (only 45 calories) if you need your cheese fix. The 95 or 96% lean ground beef has just as much fat and protein as ground turkey, but to me the beef tastes better.

The local albertsons sells these in premade patties. Something like 150 or so calories in it. That's how I take care of my burger fix.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Although it sounds shocking, lucky for me, I hate burgers :blushing:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Although it sounds shocking, lucky for me, I hate burgers :blushing:

lol I wish!

So many other suggestions to try, so many more reasons why I love this site!:laugh:
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I am having a burger tonight, you need to try the Morningstar spicy black bean burgers!!! they are sooo good and really, really good with sweet potato fries. Your hubby may even like them, they're meatless :wink:

oh and they are 120 calories, 4 grams of fat!

very yummy
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I made a vegetarian juicy lucy last night to get rid of my craving and it was Heaven! Even my 5 y/o loved it!

http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2010/02/oh-so-vegetarian-juicy-lucy.html
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Eat the burger you want, account for it, and maybe add some extra exercise in before or after it.

Agreed, I eat what I want to eat and track it all. People fail at dieting because they convince themselves that they can't have some foods. They end up feeling deprived and punished when losing weight should be about celebrating life and being happy.

If you're miserable because you can't eat what you want to then you're doomed.

Make a burger, just make sure you get some good lean ground sirloin (95 or 96% lean) and put it on an Arnold's whole wheat sandwich thin. Dress it up how you like with lettuce, tomato, etc. Just lay off the mayo and ketchup.

Log everything and keep an eye on your total daily caloric intake. Don't punish yourself.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I agree with this cause if you deprive yourself from all the foods you love then it gets harder and harder to stay on track i would have the burger. every one has a cheat day here and there.. as long as you get back on track ...

Me Three! I had an IN n Out Burger today and it was yummy - I did not want a turkey burger, or veggie burger or anything of the sort and it was satifying, I accounted for it and I will work off half of that at the gym tonight to have more room for dinner. Enjoy LIFE, you only have one.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with the last 2 posters.
    Eat the burger, choose lean beef , plan ahead and track it.
    I firmly believe that one of the reasons many
    of us quit so quickly is because we tell ourselves that
    if we are dieting then we can never have,....................(fill in the blank) again.
    Eat the burger, get it out of your system and make the next meal one that fits into your daily calories.

I dont think there is ONE person here that became fluffy because of ONE burger :blushing:
    Good luck and enjoy.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    go to Burger King and get the triple Whopper with cheese, extra mayo, extra cheese ..skip the fries (they are bad for you) instead get the onion rings, heck thats a vegetable..how bad can that be.....( oh, tell them to put a layer of fries on top of the Whopper, in between the meat)...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
    and they have this thing like a milk shake but its called a cupcake milkshake..it has a big glob of icing right on the top... thats to make you happy!!!!

dont eat any desert ...too much fat there too....

Now, drive to the nearest hospital and park in the lot near the Emergency Room... now eat and enjoy every bite and sit there for at least a couple hours, after you get through eating...if you havn't had a heart attack by then, you are probably ok.,...

go home and get on your knees and thank the Lord that you had a great meal and didnt die....and hopefully the thought of a bad burger will be out of your head...

it works.....I have done it!!!!! I'm not proud of it but I did....
  • suefox
    Options
    Just tried the Morning Star burger as well... added pineapple, and veggies and it was wonderful!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    go to Burger King and get the triple Whopper with cheese, extra mayo, extra cheese ..skip the fries (they are bad for you) instead get the onion rings, heck thats a vegetable..how bad can that be.....( oh, tell them to put a layer of fries on top of the Whopper, in between the meat)...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
    and they have this thing like a milk shake but its called a cupcake milkshake..it has a big glob of icing right on the top... thats to make you happy!!!!

dont eat any desert ...too much fat there too....

Now, drive to the nearest hospital and park in the lot near the Emergency Room... now eat and enjoy every bite and sit there for at least a couple hours, after you get through eating...if you havn't had a heart attack by then, you are probably ok.,...

go home and get on your knees and thank the Lord that you had a great meal and didnt die....and hopefully the thought of a bad burger will be out of your head...

it works.....I have done it!!!!! I'm not proud of it but I did....

lol!!!
  • Luvilybri
    Options
    My nutritionist said u cant have a burger. It doesnt mean get the biggest burger u can find but have it and settle the craving and move on
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I agree to having what you want. You don't want to do this all the time but every now and then won't hurt you.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Great I decided to read some of this topic and now I want a hamburger. I can't eat red meat and turkey is just not the same:frown:
  • monica1515
    Options
    Black beans patties are amazing!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am having a burger tonight, you need to try the Morningstar spicy black bean burgers!!! they are sooo good and really, really good with sweet potato fries. Your hubby may even like them, they're meatless :wink:

oh and they are 120 calories, 4 grams of fat!

I love these burgers - here's how I fix them - Whole Wheat pita pocket for bun, smear a little avocado inside add a bunch of baby spinach or lettuce, add the burger and dump on Franks Hot sauce to your liking. Very addictive. You really don't need cheese or anything - believe me I NEVER want a burger without cheese - but this one really doesn't need it. The avocado really keeps you full for a long time too.