Brooks running shoes

Options
I'm finally caving in and buying a pair of Brooks running shoes. Do they run true to size or does it vary by type?

Replies

• Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mine ran true to size, but, purchased a half size larger to allow for any feet swelling while running. You will love them!!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've run exclusively in Brooks for the last ten year. I buy all mine one size up. My wife got a pair recently and she went up one size as well.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Mine ran true to size, but, purchased a half size larger to allow for any feet swelling while running. You will love them!!
    Amen. Been running in Brooks for 10 years and I buy a half size up.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You really should go try them on if this is your first pair. But if you don't, I would go a half size up for running shoes.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I had the Pure Cadence, I thought they ran small
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I have the Adrenaline and the Pure Cadence. I always buy a size up.
  • andreahuffmon
    Options
    I wear a size 9 in normal shoes, and a 10W in my Brooks Trance (mainly because I am training for a marathon and I need room for swelling). I LOVE my Brooks! I definitely suggest getting fitted at a running store the first time. But if that's not possible, just know that the rule of thumb is to allow for a thumb's width between the top of your foot and the end of the shoe. Although, that is only if you plan to go for longer distances (5Ks and such wont need that much room). Happy running!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I switch off between Brooks Trance and Saucony Ride and wear the same size in both. And that's a half size bigger than my street shoes if that helps any. But really, why not try them on and run a bit before you commit. Running shoes are too expensive to get the wrong thing...
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have Brooks Ghost and Brooks pure Flow and both are 1 size larger then my normal shoes. Really great shoes!
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd go somewhere to get fitted. When spending the dough, better make sure they fit! Getting new shoes is exciting!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I wear a 7 and all of my running shoes have been 7.5, I wear Saucony now but used to wear Brooks. Can you have your feet fitted?
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    Thanks all! I've been looking at a pair of PureCadence shoes, but just haven't wanted to commit being a new runner.
    I've got a coupon and free shipping, so I said to myself, "self, it's now or never." ;)
    I'll definitely wait until I can get properly fitted- sounds like the perfect thing to do on a Sunday.

Patience isn't my strongest virtue, can ya tell?
  • RaeganDoucet
    RaeganDoucet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Def get fitted! I wear a 7-8 in everyday shoes but my Brooks are a size 9!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks. They are wide and my toes have room, and still a great fit!