Replies

• Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Congratulations!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I started running with the couch to 5k program. I wanted to start running but had no clue of how to go about building my stamina and that program helped a lot! Go for it ;)
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Is it silly to look at that shirt and I say, I earned you! They didn't have any mediums left so I had to take a small, but if I keep going it'll fit soon :). Thanks, and you are looking great!
  • back_to_18
    Options
    Sincere congratulations! As a fellow C25K graduate I know that amount of work that goes into that 5K. And, excellent time for your first race.
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! And welcome to the running world! :D 10k is then the next goal? :p
  • happypath101
    Options
    That's great! Good for you!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    Congratulations! And a great time, too. I find signing up for the next race to be very motivating!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Congratulations! I still haven't ran an official race but I'm really looking forward to my shot at earning a new running shirt instead of just buying them every couple of weeks. Been running since July, and it seems that everything I bought then is too big now.
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and AWESOME time!! I'm doing my first 5k 2 weeks from today!!
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    Great job!!! And welcome to the running world! :D 10k is then the next goal? :p

You got it! :). I've run 5 and 1/2 miles as my max but I am ready to increase that length. I've just been working on pace for the 5k distance lately.

So my official results were 87 out of 207 (several of which were walkers, as it was a run/walk, which most are), 33 out of the females, and 4th in my age division (25-29).

I'll take it, not bad for my first race, or for a chick who just started running (and by that I mean starting out walking 5 minutes, jogging 2 minutes, then walking again for 5) at the end of June! It rocks, and can't wait to sign up for another one!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So my official results were 87 out of 207 (several of which were walkers, as it was a run/walk, which most are), 33 out of the females, and 4th in my age division (25-29).

4th is GREAT and many races give prizes for 3 deep in age groups so if you get a little more experience you could be winning goodies. Not a reason to run by any means, but it sure is fun to get a medal or a gift certificate. :)
  • il_duce
    Options
    Well done, great time too
  • well done
  • WillaTKC
    WillaTKC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just ran my first 5K today and it feels so amazing to do it!! I know how you feel ! :)
  • lindidit
    lindidit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I ran my first 5K 2 months ago and omg...I was so tickled that I did it that I couldn't sit still for the rest of the day! :)
  • mona_patty
    Options
    wow congrats!!! I am running my first 5k event on saturday but I am not fast. Congrats on your hard work!!! That is amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!