At what speed do you walk/run on the treadmill?

Options

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    i do what ever the person next to me is doing, +1.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to the treadmill so I go between walking at 3mph and jogging at 4mph with an incline of 2.

I know its not the most exciting exercise in the world, but I have young kids so needed something I could use at home. I also exercise at 5am and it's pitch black out at that time so didn't feel safe jogging outside.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 10.5 incline @ 3.5mph
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i do what ever the person next to me is doing, +1.

I love this answer. I do the same thing, even if it means they'll have to take me out of there on a stretcher.
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My treadmill only has 2 incline settings 10% and 20%. I can only do 10% at the moment and my speed ranges from 2.8 up to 4.5 if I want to jog for a minute or 2 (yes, literally 1-2 minutes lol. Im another one with asthma so I can't run for long). But I typically do anywhere from 2-4 miles on the treadmill everytime im on it.
    I love it because it has shock settings for walking, jogging and running so it's very easy on the knees.
    Im getting some nice muscles on my calves. :wink:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i'm tall and have a long stride and naturally walk very fast so usually do speed 6.5 (yes walking) and random incline of up to 8 but starting learning to run at the moment although im not getting much faster than 7.6 just yet.
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I walk at 3.5 and run at 5.5-6
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Walk: 3-4 incline going about 3.5

Run: I do hills when i'm forced to run indoors just because it helps with the "perfect conditions", for instance when you run outside you won't be completely flat land. So anyway the incline goes anywhere from 1 to about 6-7 and I run at 5.5
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What's a treadmill?

It's your first line of defense in the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie-treadmil-defense1.jpg

Love it! lol
  • Khymera
    Options
    I've only been working out for a month, so I'm doing 3 mph at 1%.

My trainer's changing up my routine next week, so I may bump the incline up a little. No promises, lol.
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Walking - 7.8
    Incline - 6
    Running - 10 on the incline.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

i usually do 4-4.5 at incline 15. burn alot of cals without damaging my joints.

same here!!!
  • tirtle
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Treadmill-Workout-Burns-Over-300-Calories-8071311

The website " fit sugar" has good treadmill workouts and lotsa varieties to pick from, you just have to plug treadmill into the search and it'll show you lots!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i don't care for the incline feature, so i do no incline and 4 when i'm walking. when i'm jogging i go from 5.5 to 6 usually. sometimes faster if i want to, but usually no faster than 7.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i can't run due to my knees, but I can do inclines fine :)

SO I do about 2.5-3.5 speed and 2.0-15 on incline when I use it. If I do a lower incline I go faster. On average I do about 45=60 mins per treadmill variable incline session.

And yes I do hold onto the handle bars ...my balance is terrible and I have fallen before so I hold on when I do anything above 3 incline.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I usually brisk walk 3.5mph - 4mph on an 11 incline for 20-60 minutes (20 if I am in the gym and gearing to try the other machines, 60 if that is the only workout i am doing for the day).
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Usually walk at 7kph, jog/run at anything between 10-12.5kph depending on duration (comfortably at 10-11kph for about an hour) - can't be sure of the incline cause it doesn't actually show on the display but between 5-10%.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    i walk between 7-8 kph, think thats about (5 miles).
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I got up to between 10 and 11km per hour, no idea what that is in mph, but I was going at that speed having only used the treadmill a few times and having not run since at school. Having said that, the most I could manage was about 20-30 minutes.