Need all the support I can get! NEWBIE!

Options
Every since I was young I have had an eating disorder (over eating) and I have struggled with my weight.

I gave birth to my son on 5/26/12. I only gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy. I went from 238 to 209 after I gave birth to him and then I gained 6 pounds back. So I am starting my weight lost at 215.

My goal is to get to 125 pounds. I am only 5'1, so the normal weight for me is 98 pounds to 127. I have lost the weight before and I was 125 and I felt pretty comfortable with myself.

Please add me and join me on my weight loss journey!

We can support each other along the way! Here's to becoming healthy!

29801731.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jhg45
    Options
    hi there, i am just starting this too! My goal is to lose 55 pounds, I too have lost weight before and got to 127. I curetnly weigh 185. I am looking to stay motivated through friends on this site, so here's to healthy weight loss friendships!
    jhg45
  • jhg45
    Options
    I know it shows i joined in 2011, but i never did anything with it until now.
    jhg45
  • JillyInDaCity
    JillyInDaCity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So we are pretty much in the same boat =-) We did it before we can do it again!
  • jhg45
    Options
    That's what i'm counting on, and just trying to stay motivatd! Thanksfor the reply.
  • thatmixedgirl73
    Options
    I've recently started again trying to lose weight. Good luck! :smile: I am curious to know what your plan is. I need all the ideas and help I can get! lol
  • mep0430
    mep0430 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been using MFP since July (about a month and a half after I started this journey) and I have to say that it's been a HUGE help to me. I've found that to be successful, I need to track both my calories eaten and my calories burned. It gives me a measure of control and it keeps me on track. Every day is new day to be better :0)
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can add me!! I lost 70lbs since January after having my third baby!! You can find me on facebook too.. or anyone looking for a new friend for support and advice!! https://www.facebook.com/meagan.broadwater
  • mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • sabrinafothergill
    Options
    You can Add me:smile:
  • bern1618
    Options
    feel free to add me, am also looking for more freinds, hope we can help each other!
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    thatmixedgirl:

My goal is to eat 1200 calories a day and if I exercise I can have more. I just eat whatever calories myfitnesspal says I have. I only eat all natural foods. I did research on bad ingredients about a year ago. Doing this reversed my husbands diabetes which is crazy. I became passionate about it after reading Jillian Michaels book Master your Metabolism. Her book was kind of all over the place which made it hard to memorize, so I decided to do my own research and put it alphabetical order. If you are interested it is located below.

http://www.mrsfishersfancyfreefinds.com/2012/09/mrs-fishers-processed-foods-research.html
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    Thanks mdb543! That's awesome!
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    Thanks bern1618! I hope so too!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Friend request coming at ya! I love having as much community on MFP as I can get.
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    Mep0430 I agree! I discovered this a week ago and my husband and I love it! It's a good motivated to if you want to eat more you have to work out! I have always been so horrible with portions, but I getting better with myfitnesspal. Groceries are lasting longer to! Meals that would last us one night are spreading out to two or three. =-)
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    Yay thanks RandomMiranda! Love your username btw!
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    Thanks Sabrinafother
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    Thanks messee619
  • JillyInDaCity
    Options
    I didn't expect to get, so many reply's! Thank you all so much for the support!
  • mep0430
    mep0430 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me, the trick is the calories burned. I have a Bowflex Treadclimber and it lies to me all the time. I stalled for two weeks and I felt like my eaten/burned was out of whack. Anywho, I bought a Polar HRM to get a better handle on my calories burned and I started to lose again.