How to listen to music while running?

Options
Hi!

I have an iPhone, an armband (to secure my iPhone), the ear plugs, along with ear buds and yesterday, I wound up wrapping my ear plugs under my bra for support, but while running, they were still getting in the way. I think I did it wrong. Is there a better way to listen to music, comfortably, and run?

Replies

• alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I bought specific ear phones for exercise. They go round the back of my head so the wire doesn't get in the way of your arms. I find it much better.
    x
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use headphones because earbuds are a hassel.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i stuff my iPod in the center of my bra.:laugh: !!! it stays PUT!
  • NobodyInParticular
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate that feeling. I'm probably in the minority in this, and I hope I explain it right, but I place slack of the cord on my back. Such that there is no cord bouncing (if left out free) or brushing up against your chest/breast. It's from phone to back to ears.

Hope that made sense.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just hold my phone in my hand and then hold part of the cord against the phone... and it doesn't get in my way too much.
  • sd75
    sd75 Posts: 49
    Options
    I got headphone that are basically ear buds but with a bit that hooks over your ears - works really well & are comfortable to wear as well.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I used the ones that clip over your ear
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options

That's how my iPod was screwed and I had to buy a new one. Because of the sweat. I'ld suggest you not to do it.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i don't run, but when i walk on the treadmill i have earphones that hook over my ears, bind up the cord as much as I can with a rubber band, then pop the iPod into my arm band. the cord goes behind my head and down my left arm so it's much easier... plus, they're super comfy :) I can't wear ear buds because they're always too big for my ears and they hurt.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Putting my phone in my running belt works better for me than an arm band. The ear bud cords don't get tangled in my arm because they go straight to my waist instead of moving as I swing my arm.

When I do use an arm band, I flip the cord around the back of my head.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have an iPhone, an armband (to secure my iPhone), the ear plugs, along with ear buds and yesterday, I wound up wrapping my ear plugs under my bra for support, but while running, they were still getting in the way. I think I did it wrong. Is there a better way to listen to music, comfortably, and run?

This is a huge issue for so many runners..I have done the whole armband thing etc and still can't find a decent solution. I tend to use my iphone for music as I like the security blanket of having a phone in case of emergencies. Headphones are also a huge issue..those ear buds never ever work and always keep falling it out.

What I do now is put my iphone in the zippered rear pocket of my shorts or running tights ( it only JUST fits) and use a wrap-around headphone that stays in place..it's adidas branded shenhiser headphones. It's not a sleek solution, but works .

I would love to be able to run without music, but simply can't..i need the music for motivation. Good luck!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

That's how my iPod was screwed and I had to buy a new one. Because of the sweat. I'ld suggest you not to do it.

yeah i gotta find a new way. If a friend is at my home when im on the treadmill..i get teased for wiping off the sweat from my very hardworking iPod!:happy:
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have an armband for my phone. The cord goes under my shirt then out at my neckline to my wrap around headphones. The excess cable is in between my boobs. My running shirt is quite small, so the cable doesn't move in and out of the shirt, means there's also basically no movement of cable in the shirt.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid Bionic with a armband I got from a ebay store called Lizard Mobile and I always use bluetooth headphones. I am currently using motorola s10-hd bluetooth headphones and love them. Work very well and I don't have to fight earbud cords... Best of Luck

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875982390&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate that feeling. I'm probably in the minority in this, and I hope I explain it right, but I place slack of the cord on my back. Such that there is no cord bouncing (if left out free) or brushing up against your chest/breast. It's from phone to back to ears.

Hope that made sense.

Thank you for this! I just tried it. I put the cord around my back under my bra and it made it much more comfortable. :)
  • ClassicPearl
    Options
    I have a Droid Bionic with a armband I got from a ebay store called Lizard Mobile and I always use bluetooth headphones. I am currently using motorola s10-hd bluetooth headphones and love them. Work very well and I don't have to fight earbud cords... Best of Luck

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875982390&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Wow, that's neat. That's a good idea! Thank you!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I really badly want one of these http://gearjunkie.com/images/1506.jpg
  • ClassicPearl
    Options
    This is a huge issue for so many runners..I have done the whole armband thing etc and still can't find a decent solution. I tend to use my iphone for music as I like the security blanket of having a phone in case of emergencies. Headphones are also a huge issue..those ear buds never ever work and always keep falling it out.

What I do now is put my iphone in the zippered rear pocket of my shorts or running tights ( it only JUST fits) and use a wrap-around headphone that stays in place..it's adidas branded shenhiser headphones. It's not a sleek solution, but works .

I would love to be able to run without music, but simply can't..i need the music for motivation. Good luck!

I agree. Without music, it is SO boring.

I just took a look at those headphones. They do look much more secure than what I'm using. It's cool that you can just snap them on your shirt and all around to really secure them. Thank you for the feedback!
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well, although pricey, they do have bluetooth headphones.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Best purchase ever! ---> http://www.amazon.com/Jaybird-Freedom-Bluetooth-Earbuds-Fit-Bluetooth/dp/B005B28DOM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348964678&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+freedom+jaybird+headphones+bluetooth
    Expensive but totally worth the money! I'm training for a half marathon so I run a lot and I LOVE these!