How often you you log your weigh ins?

Options
jeleclekat
jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
I weigh daily. I am curious to see whether most people log each loss no matter how often, or if they log their weight once a week? I know I can log each loss and then delete the post stating so, as I do like to see the numbers on my weight ticker changing. It's a good motivation for me. What do YOU do? :smile:

Replies

• matthewlamere
    matthewlamere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing mine once a week because i want to see my progression, my weight fluctuates too much daily, but weekly i can see the losses. Hope that helps :)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Every Friday I weigh in, in fact I am in a Friday Weigh in group, and then every other Friday I update my measurements.
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i dont know about anyone else but sometimes its a pain to keep going into groups or posts an finding out if people have replied there is a group on facebook where its easier as you get notifications. anyone is welcome and it can be used for anything. https://www.facebook.com/groups/351728731583329
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday as soon as I get out of bed.
  • mariclemm
    Options
    I try to do it every Sunday morning after I wake up, but with my scale right in my room sometimes I can't help but check during the week anyway out of curiosity.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday because that's my day off. I only log my weight on MFP when I have lost 5 pounds. Right now that's every 2-3 weeks.
  • OzzyPam
    Options
    I stand on them stupid scale every day.... ( I must move them out of the bathroom). I have the Fitbit Aria scales that wifi my weight & bmi straight to Fitbit....I love the scales but my weight fluctuates to much so I should only weigh in once a week....
  • staubng
    staubng Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, and log every time I go down to the next lb. This makes an accurate chart of loss over time and shows where my plateaus are and average length of time it takes to break them. I wouldn't put a weight gain unless it seems to stick for more than a week. Fluctuations in hydration and more or less work on a weekly basis don't concern me too much so long as the general trend is downward or I see the lb I'm representing appears more than once throughout the week.
  • jeleclekat
    Options
    didn't quote right person
  • jeleclekat
    Options
    i dont know about anyone else but sometimes its a pain to keep going into groups or posts an finding out if people have replied there is a group on facebook where its easier as you get notifications. anyone is welcome and it can be used for anything. https://www.facebook.com/groups/351728731583329

This is a closed group it says with four members. The MyFitnessPal group on facebook I joined is https://www.facebook.com/myfitnesspal?fref=ts
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I planned to do it once a week on a Thursday because that is the day I started on here but I woke up this morning and felt good, I feel slimmer so I hopped on the scale and had lost another 800 grams, I was so excited I just had to log it in here! :D
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I log it when I lose... I haven't gain anything yet. I always either stay the same or lose.
  • Toomestwin
    Options
    I used to do it once a month, on the 1st of the month. Now that I've reached my goal, I weigh in & log my weight weekly so I can track more closely if I'm really maintaining my goal weight. I figured I didn't want to find out that I gained/lost too much weight over a four week period, so I now do it weekly in order to make whatever adjustments I need.

As it is, my metabolism is in super high gear, so I'm still losing weight even though I'm packing in twice the number of calories I used to eat a little over a year ago when I started my journey.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was weighing either every day, or once/wk. I've decided to keep it to Mondays and Thursdays. But I'll tend to not log the result unless it's a loss. OR if I go up and not drop the pounds right away...which happened over the last month or two. Working my way back down and should be back in the 160s VERY SOON!!! And the 150s before the year is out. :)
  • enivedlliw
    Options
    When I weigh in, I roll a twenty sided die and then divide that number by 2, rounding up. The final number I get is the amount of days until my next weigh in, as long as it does not land on a Sunday. If it lands on a Sunday, I randomly pick a card out of a standard 52 card deck. Whatever the value of the card, is the number of days until my next weigh in, as long as it doesn't land on a Saturday, in which case I roll a twenty sided die...
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, it was on a Friday but I've changed it to a Saturday now.

I track regardless of if I have a loss, gain or sts. I prefer to keep track of my progress even if I've had a gain, unlike some people I've encountered.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log daily.
  • aschaldecker
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week. I have chosen to weigh in on Friday mornings before I eat or drink anything. I document it each week when I weigh in.
  • aschaldecker
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss so far! Seeing your "ticker" is an inspiration for me, we have similar goals. Seeing someone succeeding at what I am attempting is a great motivator! :)
  • ellyloo
    Options
    i weigh every couple of days.
    I only log when I lose.