Had a HORRIBLE week!

Options
Ughhh.....I am SO mad at myself right now and am really really discouraged. I only went to the gym
once this week and ate so unhealthy. I ate like half a pizza after I got home from
work today and mcdonalds for lunch and poptarts for breakfast. It's been like this all week too, not quite as bad as today was but it wasn't good by any means. I have had absolutely NO motivation to go to the gym either. I want to lose 5 - 10 pounds before it's shorts weather but it won't happen if I have another week like this. Thankfully it is only February and I still have a few months. I feel so hopeless right now :(

Also, I try not to eat a lot during the day so I don't go over my calories but when I get home from work I am starving and end up eating another 300 - 400 calories which puts me well over my limit. This was my problem today. I ate very little throughout the day and got home from work and ordered a pizza and ate half of it, now I am pissed at myself! I ended up going like 800 calories OVER my limit today. Does anyone have any ideas how I can prevent this night time hunger and over eating?

Replies

• rlshirk74
    Options
    Try eating more throughout the day. Spread your calories out more instead of saving them all for the evening. I know when I let myself get to the starving point, I tend to overeat. If eat a little something every couple of hours, I never get to the starving point and have more control over how much and what I eat. Fortunately for me, fast food is not just a drive or phone call away. Always remember that tomorrow is a new day and we all will have bad days/weeks. Hang in there and don't get discouraged, just start over tomorrow! Good luck and next week will be a lot better! :)
  • tejanosinger
    Options
    Try eating snacks in between meals and also if you can, keep snacks in your car so if you feel hungry just eat that instead of driving thru a drive-thru for fast food also you can try to make a few meals and keep them in containers in your fridge so that when you are in a hurry all you have to do is put it in the microwave and heat up for a couple of minutes =)...and if you feel bad after eating 800 calories over then go work that off at the gym...thats just what i do i always try to burn what ever i went over on calories but i try not to go over but hey, it happens =)
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    Plan out beforehand, 1 day - 1 week in advance.

Plan healthy nutritious meals and snacks every 2.5-3hours and plan in exercise.

Write it down, this helps you commit to it.

And then follow your plan.

make sure you spread out your calories over the day... if they need to be skewed in 1 direction, skew them towards breakfast not just before bed.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on the pizza thing:( I have lost 23 lbs... and what did I do last night? Ordered a freaking pizza and went over my cals by 1100 last night! UGH!!! However today is a new day!

Like everyone else has said it is best to eat all throughout the day, that way you do not get super hungry and binge. Every morning I log in my food for the day, breakfast, lunch and two snacks... that way I know how many calories I have left for dinner. There are several snacks that you can eat throughout the day that are under 100 cals... sugar free pudding, yogurt, slimfast snack bars, cucumbers, rice cakes, ect...

Don't beat yourself up too much, but remember how crappy that food made you feel and remember how sad it was to read the "If every day was like today you would way ____ in 5 weeks!"

Best of luck to you! Cheers to a better week for both of us!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    One of the biggest mistakes I have always made is, once you cheat, you throw the whole day away. You know... you make one bad choice and then decide that the whole day is a loss. So you had a poptart?!?! That can be the end of it. Don't let one bad choice get you off track completely. Also, sometimes I think you need a bad day here and there, so your body does not get too used to the same thing everyday.

Good Luck. You will be FINE!
  • lessfat8
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys!