500 Days on MFP - 86 pounds lost - pic heavy!

Options
Today I celebrate my 500th day anniversary of joining MFP. In retrospect, this journey has been much easier than I thought. I was not overweight my whole life. After high school, I let myself go, and although I thought I was happy even though I was fat - that's possible, you know! - I know now that I never really was. Having spent the past nearly 14 years being overweight, and the last 5 or 6 creeping slowly into the morbidly obese BMI range, I started to yearn for my carefree (and thin!) adolescent years. Last year in May, just after my 31st birthday, I saw my doctor, and after feeling like I may have lost a little weight, I found out I had actually gained another 10 - in just over 2 months! I came home, sat on my couch, and told my husband I was fat. I was so defeated. I had been in denial for so long, that I didn't even notice how far I had let myself go.

I am 5'4" and weighed 243 pounds. I now weigh 157 pounds.

Even now, people ask me how I feel, and I tell them I feel the same. I never felt like a fat version of myself, and I don't feel like a skinny version now. I feel like the same person I always have been. Although that's not entirely true, because I'm more energetic, I am more open and honest with people, and I don't hide behind my obesity as much. I make eye contact more often and am not afraid to be heard because I no longer fear what others might think of me. I enjoy life more now and do not tire as quickly.

I am more proud of my weight loss than anything else I have accomplished in my life, and I am happy that I have served as an inspiration to my friends, my family, and my mfp family. For those reasons, I am different. I just hope I stay different for the rest of my life. :)

Drumroll, please.......the pics....

This is a pic from my honeymoon in May 2010. I think I was about 215 pounds then:

120pfs9.jpg

This is from February 2011:

20hnitl.jpg

March 2011:

35je3ow.jpg

And the best of the best, Me in June 2011 (actually about a month after starting MFP, and I had lost 10 pounds already!). I weighed approximately 235 pounds or so. Also, sorry about the creepy picture, I tried to take my husband out, but it replaced his head with part of the cart we were in, apparently!:

xws2p.jpg

And here's some progress pics....

These both are from a couple of weeks ago:

2igd1xd.jpg2qsc7t5.jpg

And this is from today: 157 pounds and shrinking...(No politics, please, that's not what I'm here for...I was just too lazy to change my shirt!)

71o3n8.jpg

Wow, when you look at it all like that, 16 1/2 months doesn't seem like a very long time at all! I could not be happier for deciding to stick to my plan to lose weight, and I am so grateful my fitness pal exists. I don't know if I could have done it without the apps, and the online support offered by this site.

We are all fabulous people, worthy of respect and praise for making the choice to change our lives. I wish you all the success I have had. I know you can do it because I did. :)

--Dawn

Replies

• mlcharb
    mlcharb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great. Definitely an inspiration!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fantastic results, congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    Well said. Congrats on your loss!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Remarkable! take a bow! you look fabulous & happy
    thank you for sharing your journey
    thanks for inspiring:flowerforyou:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    That's awesome way to go
  • pickle_button
    pickle_button Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow!! what an amazing acomplishment! congrats- you look beautiful
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing, and your story and pics are so inspiring.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for expressing your journey so clearly.......these stories always touch my heart and your story is no exception :) You're a beautiful woman!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FABULOUS! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

(You already had a lovely smile but now your dimples are more pronounced.)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    YOU lady are an inspiration! Exactly what I needed after being on MFP for almost 15 months and feeling a bit discouraged.

You look FAB!

Thanks for sharing, and reminding me it is about the JOURNEY, however long it takes, it can be DONE!

You are AWESOME!
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You're just too sweet! :)
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I'm a few pounds down from my heaviest, and this year I've re-started my MPF journey. 16 months DOES seem like a long time now, but I'm hoping I can get through it, and it'll be easier when I'm there. :)

Also your ticker image is hilarous. Seriously.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I am so proud of you! You have done wonderful! Keep up the amazing work! You rock!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Awesome job. :D
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You look fantastic

Ok, I have to ask... where did you get that party like a barack star tshirt? I didn't know I needed it until I saw yours. LOL :smile:
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Absolutely phenomenal....you look beautiful!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic, and I enjoyed reading your story. We have alot of similiar thoughts - our journies are also comparable. I started at 245 lbs in April 2011, and I now weight 158lbs.

you rawk girl, if you need any new MFP friends add me :)
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, how good do you look?!! Thanks so much for sharing, it's these inspirational stories that are really keeping me motivated and making me feel that I can do it too! :)
  • You look amazing, great job:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!