all I want is Peanut Butter

Options
How awfull is that. I am keeping up on everything except some how a jar of peanut butter has gone in a matter of a week in a half, VIA spoon to mouth! BLEH!

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I am a PB lover as well. It's so bad that my husband calls it "PBT" peanut butter time. LOL! Good luck!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started working out I've been craving peanut butter. I have no clue why. I made the kids a PB&J for lunch and I just HAD to have one.
  • Thea1
    Thea1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just a thought. Is peanut butter high in folic acid? If so, it may be that your body is craving PB because you need the folic acid. Peanut butter isn't too bad. You could be craving foods that are much worse.
  • chickylet
    Options
    I will sit down and eat up to 6 tlsps of peanut butter on a bad day. I love it too.
  • kairose
    Options
    your body is telling you something...how much fat are you getting in your daily calorie...if you build in your fat in a good way your appetite is suppressed....also change to almond butter or sunflower butter...much better for you....i use either one of those for an early in the day snack so i make my brain happy and full...that is what fat does for you...it tells your body your are full...one of the best ways i have found is to use an avocado either one half for lunch or 1/4 for snack...that has helped so much.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I absolutely adore peanut butter!!

Haven't had much since I started on this though, only 1 slice of PB on toast in 2 and a bit weeks!! That's good for me!! :laugh:
  • mabella17
    Options
    How awfull is that. I am keeping up on everything except some how a jar of peanut butter has gone in a matter of a week in a half, VIA spoon to mouth! BLEH!
    A good alternative to "real" peanut butter is PB2 (powdered peanut butter). It only has 52 calories for 2 tblsp. check it out at www.bellplantation.com

Here's some nutrition facts.....
    PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 53.2
    Calories from fat: 16.8

% Daily Value*

Total fat 1.9g 3%
    Saturated fat 0.3g 0%
    Trans fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 77.6mg 3%
    Total carbohydrate 3.4g 1%
    Dietary fiber 0.5g 0%
    Sugars 1.7g
    Protein 6g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C <0.1%
    Calcium 1%
    Iron 1%

I LOVE this stuff and can NOT get enough. My husband actually likes it now too :drinker:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I guess it all depends on what else you eat- but PB is a staple in my diet. I'm a vegetarian and PB offers a good source of protein and healthy fats. I think there is a place for it, you may just have to watch portion control and what else you eat that day.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, if I have PB in my apartment I seriously crave it. Like get a spoon and dig right in crave it. When I studied abroad I had to have PB shipped to me because I missed it so much! For me, I just couldn't portion it well so I finally had to stop buying it. The cravings do eventually disappear! I know I was low on protein, so upping my protein from other sources probably eased the quitting process.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    your body is telling you something...how much fat are you getting in your daily calorie...if you build in your fat in a good way your appetite is suppressed....also change to almond butter or sunflower butter...much better for you....i use either one of those for an early in the day snack so i make my brain happy and full...that is what fat does for you...it tells your body your are full...one of the best ways i have found is to use an avocado either one half for lunch or 1/4 for snack...that has helped so much.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with this statement 1000000%. Fat is perhaps one of the most important things to include in your diet, but everyone keeps cutting the fat out. I don't understand it.
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use it to bump up my cals/fat if to low!! Its hard to eat healthy, calories are usually way to low per meal, so PB and whole wheat grain bread bumps me up at least 200 cals if I'm low!!

And it feels great to eat it!!!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep, a jar of extra crunchy peanut butter will only last a week with me around! I eat peanut butter if I am craving something sweet and only on the days when I have about 700-1000 extra calories left for the day (those are my workout days). I will measure out 2 tbls of peanut butter and mix it in a bowl with 1 tbls of sugar free strawberry jam. It satifies my sweet tooth without the extra carbs from bread.

My biggest problem is only taking 2 tbls!!! It sometimes turns into 1 tbls for the bowl and 1 tbls for me! By the time I'm done, the bowl has the proper measurement, but I've emptied half the jar!!!!