What diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I've been eating real (nutrient-dense) food, cutting the processed stuff, minimising sugar, avoiding grains, legumes and cutting back on dairy (cheese, I don't drink milk at all). Not much fruit either.

I guess that makes me a bit Paleo and lower carb (I prefer to think of it as adequate carb) but it's just a framework for me, there are plenty of deviations from the path.

I've been doing it for about 6 months now and pretty close to maintenance having struggled to make progress on the more "balanced" plans. I guess I was insulin/leptin resistant after being a total carb monster for a long time.

As long as I am primarily a fat/ketone burner and my blood glucose level is stable (no excessive hunger or cravings) I'm happy.

I won't be changing much for maintenance either.

Very little exercise too ...
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    The "Food" diet. I just eat more whole wheat, more vegetables, less processed stuff.
  • labyrinthrunner
    Options
    I'm grain free. Its not a crash diet because I will always be grain free. It is however, my diet. I have Celiac, so I can't eat many grains anyway and my body is happiest when I eat none. Its keeping me losing weight, nice and slow.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm in menopause so started a diet to help reduce oestrogen dominance and eating less food that may contain it eg animals are fattened up with it so certain meats are off the menu but others are allowed. Also using progesterone cream as part of it ..together they are meant to reduce the abdominal fat which is a result of the oestrogen dominance.

It's basically healthy eating lots of vegetables, citrus fruits, they allow wholemeal bread and pasta though I'm also gluten free. They recommend drinking water with lemon in and no caffeine or alcohol.
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying Weight Watchers Propoints diet
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "eat anything that I'm not allergic or intolerant too" diet. That equals out to a plant based diet with no tree nuts or gluten. So a lot of potatoes, rice, quinoa, fruts and veggies. And smoothies. Smoothies are a life saver.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The "whatever I want within my calories and macros diet!".. :)

Best "diet" for long term success!
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How many carbs will your daily intake be?
  • ButterflyJourney
    ButterflyJourney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I follow a healthy diet made up up a certain percentage of Protein, Carbs and Fats. I lift weights, so I need a bit more protein, especially since I follow a Pesce Vegetarian lifestyle. I eat no more than 26 grams of fat per day; try to keep my carbs at 135 grams per day and my proteins at 70 grams + per day. My typical day consists of a pre-gym food; I eat 3 meals per day plus two snacks. I never eat fruit after 7pm at night.
  • Dynamite190
    Dynamite190 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as many natural foods and stay away from processed foods yet start within my macro limits.