question about boobs

Options
Hi I'm Laura, this is my first post. I have heard boobs shrink a lot when you lose weight, they are fatty tissue afterall. I'm wondering at what point they will start to get smaller. I'm a DD so I won't mind if they shrink some. I really don't care either way except I am shopping wedding dresses right now and I see some styles that are gorgeous but don't look supportive enough for a big chest. I don't wanna get my hopes up if there's no way I can cram my girls into delicate cups. A couple styles I like have an open back so even a strapless bra isn't gonna work. Anyway, I know you can't predict my breast size 9 mos from now unless you have a crystal ball but I was hoping from someone who might have a similar body type if they could tell me their experience.

Starting weight 330 and size DD ta-tas
I've lost 37 pounds since 6/17 and my cup size hasn't changed yet.
Went from 312 to 244 5 years ago, breast size didn't change then either.
Early developer. Had to get my 1st bra at age 9.
Prior to gaining weight in high school I was pretty average weight in middle school. And a C-cup back then.
Never had a baby or breastfed or anything like that. I'm 35 years old. They're heavy but not really saggy.
I lost 8.25 inches from various body parts in August but none in the boobs.
I lost 14 inches from various body parts in Sept but again none in my boobs.

Don't know what other facts I could give you. So whaddya think? Am I gonna have to wear a granny-looking dress to cover up my boobs or could they shrink enough by next August that the delicate dresses will work? I want to get down to about 150-160 pounds. If I was 160 and 5'7 I'd be average size but still curvy. Not super skinny.

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    When I got married mine were a UK D, so I think that's a US C, and I was a UK size 12/14 (US 8/10) and I didn't have a problem with dresses. Mine had an inbuilt corset in it. It had very thin straps, but they were mainly for show, not support. So if you get a dress with an inbuilt corset and a decent strapless bra, you should be ok.

I'm pretty much the same age as you - i'll be 35 next month - and I have 2 kids. My boobs were massive last year after having my daughter, like a H, and now they are back to a D.

Here is my wedding dress: (hope the pic works)
    mfp_3.jpg
  • stefboston83
    stefboston83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about how to post pictures on here, but I am also a DD and I think my wedding dress looked okay. I got married last weekend actually. I got a great bra from Victoria Secrets(Strapless) and normally they don't work for me, it did! My breast size doesn't fluctuate very much with weight loss or gain, but mine don't sag either. I wear very supportive bras, I usually wear two when I actually worked out (starting back again tomorrow after a year of nursing school and post baby right before nursing school). How would I post pictures on here, and you can tell me what ya think. My name on fb is Krusa Stefanie, maybe you could look at my cover photo, it's me in my wedding dress. Good luck. xx
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost a LOT of weight over the years. At my prior skinniest, 2 times, I was a 36B. After gaining a lot of weight, I was up to a 46C. Now, after even being smaller than I've been since high school, even though I've ALWAYS been a 38B, I am only down to a 38C. This time, the girls didn't lose any cup size. Honestly, it makes me sad; I much prefer the B.

I guess as I've gotten older, gravity has affected my 'fat redistribution" :(
  • ladyboss650
    ladyboss650 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Such a difficult topic, but thought I'd chime in.

I feel that you also have to take into consideration if you have stretch marks on your girls.

I've dropped approx. 45 lbs and went from a 40D to a 34/36 b/c (depending on bra style). I notice that my boobs droop since I do have stretch marks and feel like I have to fold them up to stuff them in the cup. If I wear any kind of push up bra, it can't be a demi style, as I it will show the wrinkly loose skin. I'm so frustrated to finally get to my lowest weight ever (127 lbs) after 6 day a week exercise (weight lifting too) and eating super clean, and having the loose skin still under the arms - popping out from my bra, stomach hang, etc. Please keep in mind I've been overweight all my life (I'm 46) and can't remember not having stretch marks on my tummy as a kid.

Please keep in mind that how your body reacts to the weight loss will also depend on its elasticity and ability to bound back into shape.

Regardless of the flaws, I feel great and would never consider any type of body tucks... I rather work out and embrace my imperfections. I am who I am... ;o)

Wishing you the best on your weight loss journey, and don't worry about anything else, because you will be a beautiful bride!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If I read that correctly, you are planning to lose over 100 lbs? I would be shocked if your boobs did not go down some. If not, your cups size would increase as your band size decreases. So you could still lose a lot of boob and still be a DD cup. Some boobs are definitely more stubborn than others for whatever reason. Good luck!
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My breast size doesn't fluctuate much with weight gain/loss... I was a D at my low weight and an E at my high weight now. Everybody's body is different. Your safest bet is to maybe predict being 1 cup size smaller, a D rather than a DD, and leave plenty of time for alterations maybe a month or so before the wedding?