"Aspirational Jeans" No More

Options
2012-09-30+09.15.16.jpg

Last summer I found a pair of mint condition Diesel jeans at the thrift store in my old size, 34. I could barely squeeze them on, so I put them in the bottom of my drawer. Well, yesterday I logged my 25th lost pound and decided to give them a try. Total NSV, they fit great.

Replies

• sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! The jeans look great!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Those are the NSVs I like best because there is simply no denying that something that didn't fit a year ago fits beautifully now! As I write this, I'm wearing a pair of jeans I couldn't get up over my hips/thighs 6 months ago. :drinker:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    nice!! they look great!
  • ax150
    ax150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Must feel amazing, congrats
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! They look great!!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    NICE! they look good. I've been shopping in my closet of too-tight-clothes all week. Love it.
  • Nina1007
    Options
    Congrats! I bet that feels super awesome! I have a couple pair of jeans in the attic waiting for me, myself.
  • Margthecar
    Margthecar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome jeans and great fit on you! Congratulations on your success! I know it feels great to have reached goal of fitting into a pair of "reference pants." That's what I call them--they are a true measure of a size you once were.

Since clothing manufacturers have been playing fast and loose with the actual sizes of size (especially women's clothing) what used to be a size 12 is now a size 8 so that is no help at all. Not sure if men's sizes have the same vanity sizing issues or not.
  • greatthatsgreat
    greatthatsgreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Aw, they look awesome on you. Great job, and nice thrift score.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    thanks, y'all
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    You look awesome! I can't wait until I fit into this one pair that I bought and never could fit into.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    good job! they look great and good bargaining!!!
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    Get it! This is the best thing about weight loss.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yeah buddy!! Work them thrift jeans <3
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good in...in those jeans... congradulations!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!