lose body fat

Options
Can someone please tell me some of the best things i can do to burn and shed some of this body fat quickly? What are the best exercises that will push my body into shape? I only need to lose around 10 pounds but I was recently to a point where i havent been able to work out for a long time and now everything is just mush, No tone or definition. I really want to get back to where i was before 10 pounds of fat can be very noticable on a very short girl like myself. I am 5"'2 and am now up to 119 pounds. Help!

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me some of the best things i can do to burn and shed some of this body fat quickly? What are the best exercises that will push my body into shape? I only need to lose around 10 pounds but I was recently to a point where i havent been able to work out for a long time and now everything is just mush, No tone or definition. I really want to get back to where i was before 10 pounds of fat can be very noticable on a very short girl like myself. I am 5"'2 and am now up to 119 pounds. Help!

Losing body fat is largely done through diet. You workout to maintain muscle mass while dieting, so you can lose the fat and keep the muscle.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things and put them back down. Drop your carbs down to below 100 everyday. Check out

www.marksdailyapple.com

Lot's of good info. :)
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Eating less, working out more!
    I think dancing works awesome, i've also seen ALOT of people on here do the 30 day shred, and they have wonderful results !
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with answer above.... Lift, lift , lift
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much , well when I started back up working out again i thought i had to do a lot of cardio to shed some body fat before i started lifting to tone up so i havent touched my weights yet. I used to work out 5-6 days a week for the last few years and some job things changed and i put an abrupt stop to it for like 2 months was a lot less active and now all of that is down the tubes.
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    I did my measurements last week and have gained inches everywhere which for only gaining less than 10 pounds really suprised me at how bad things were.I guess i was a lot more in shape then than what i thought. All of my clothes are tight just about everywhere and i have to wear t shirts or sweaters so nobody sees the flub:(
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Losing body fat is largely done through diet. You workout to maintain muscle mass while dieting, so you can lose the fat and keep the muscle.

^^^^ what he said....and drop your fat intake by 10g a day. ..add some strength training and you should be gtg :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if its been awhile since working out, the "lift heavy" crowd forget that people need to crawl before they can grunt.

start with the 30 day shred and eat good stuff.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ..and drop your fat intake by 10g a day. ..add some strength training and you should be gtg :)

you dont even know what her fat intake is. what if its already too low?

you open your mouth and this wisdom just rolls out?
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    Ok and thank you ! Just need some inspiration. Do you think there is anything good left hiding under this fat from just a couple of months or am I basically starting back over all over again?
  • tonyamariepierce
    tonyamariepierce Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    find something that looks like fun , so that you are more apt to do it more often. join a zumba class, a toning or kickboxing class, or even find a friend to take up running. if its fun it wont seem like a chore. i am a personal trainer and have my clients number one-to switch from simple carbs to whole grains, two-increase their protein counts to a minumum of 60 but preferrably over a 100 and also to find a physical activity that they enjoy and try to work out an hour a day.
  • jessienmiller
    Options
    I really appreciate everyones advice and I have never really watched my carbs ad fat intake as much as i did my calorie and sugar intake. I never went over my MFP reccomendations on fat and carbs but maybe once or twice though. The only thing that i would do bad at was the sugar and sometimes sodium ,so maybe i should look at my carbs and lower them more than what MFP says. Thank you!
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @jessiemiller - since you worked out before and had muscle, it should be easier this time around to get back in shape, especially as it really hasn't been all that long of a lay-off. Just get back on that train of working out with a solid program that hits all areas of the body, tighten up your diet, and do the cardio. With that last, implement interval training a couple of days a week - this will vary the cardio, and intensify it. With getting back into lifting, start with lighter weights and more repetitions. The one person here who commented that some folks had to learn how to crawl before walking, in regards to "lift heavy" is absolutely right. Just jumping into a heavy lifting program from the get-go, whether returning from a lay-off, or as a beginner, is an invitation to injury. My old trainer who got me started on weights many years ago basically said the same thing. He always had people start off on lighter weights with more repetitions. The reason for this being that the stabilizers and inter-connectors in the body have to be brought up to speed first before later heavier work can safely be done. Even for someone who IS on a heavier program, switching to lighter weights and higher reps can be beneficial for a period.
    But back to you - I think you'll find as you get back in the swing of working out with the weights, and really tightening up your diet, this will all take care of itself. The weights will firm things up with bringing muscle back to your body, and the tighter diet will work on the body fat that's so upsetting. Consider that it's going to take at least as long to get back in shape as it did to get out of if, if not longer. Best of luck!:)
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from personal experience that the 30rice Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is awesome. And it's only a 25day minute workout. She recommends you do two days Shred, one cardio, two days Shred, one cardio and then rest for a day. GUI: if you do this drink LOTS of water because your muscles will suck up every last ounce you have. I started it but couldn't finish a few months ago due to injury, but by day ten I was already seeing definition in. my stomach and arms.. I highly recommend this workout, and it only costs about ten dollars