Going Primal

Options
Hello all!

So I have decided to take the leap and go Primal. I have been reading Mark Sisson's ebook Primal Blueprint Introduction and I must say it really makes a lot of sense. I know he has many great ideas, but I thought I would throw a little meat into the lion's den and see what others who follow this lifestyle do to make it work for them.

I, like most Americans, love my carbs (in the form of grains) and I'm willing now to get away from that since I am having the hardest time losing weight by eating all of the "right" kinds of whole grain carbs.

Any and all suggestions, support and advice are extremely encouraged!

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The blueprint is a great book and makes a lot of sense. I just replace certain things like instead of rice i have cauliflower of instead of pasta cabbage. It makes it fairly easy- saying that im in the Uk and the eating trends aren't that like the US. Easy to eat out i just get steak with a green salad. dont do it 100% weekends I allow myseelf the odd bread roll/slice of cake but monday to friday its easy. you'll feel so much better on it too.
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks ukgirly01. Those are some great ideas. I enjoy having a little wiggle room on the weekends. :flowerforyou:
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Going Primal books and plan to start the 21-day Total Body Transformation as soon as I can read the book. Should be an interesting adventure.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat primal, and have been having great success. I don't really find it all that hard to follow. My diary is open, if you want to see.

My family does not eat primal, so generally when I make dinner, I still serve the rice/pasta/bread stuff to them, and I just double my share of veggies up. I make a LOT of veggies. I make sure to pack my lunch every day, and I tend to prefer lots of cut up raw veggies and some kind of small protein.

Eating this way does require a lot of home cooking, which has been really fun for me. I started following Mel Joulwan's advice about doing a weekly cook-up on the weekend to have everything prepped and ready to go during the week. It's really helped. I have partially steamed cut up carrots, celery, zucchini, kale, and cauliflower ready to go for any recipe. I have browned ground beef and / or chicken partially cooked up. I have olive oil mayo made, which can be transformed into lots of different things. Her book, Well Fed, is the best cookbook around.

Good luck, and join the MFP Paleo/Primal group.