Question for weight lifting girls

Options
Hi there, I'm lifting weights twice a week with a coach, doing a serious work, doing my best to eat well, around 1200 calories a day focusing on more proteins.
I am not doing much aerobic training and my dream is to be ripped as some inspiring girls I've seen around MFP.
So my question is what is your relationship with running? Do you believe it is crucial to run in order to get rid of the fat that covers our beautiful muscles??? How many times a week and how long?
I think running is sooooo dificult. But I will do whatever it takes to reach my goal! Thank you all,

Replies

• FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    ave you ever tried HIIT? I was never a great runner- I was a clock watcher. But, I actually enjoy the push of HIIT and in 20-30 minutes you can get a GREAT burn...
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have read that interval/HIIT training is best. And the nice thing is that it only requires 20-30 minutes of time. It has also been suggested to do this cardio AFTER your strength training.

BUT --- it also seems that 1200 calories might be too low for all of that activity. You might want to consider an increase. Your muscles need food to grow. How much protein are you eating per day?