• Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    good luck guys!!

this would be hell for me :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    October is the worst month to give up candy! Halloween - so many delicious candy types in fun-sized bars!

Oh... but then there are also December (Christmas), April (Easter) and February (Valentines) - they're all big candy months, too!

Hmm... actually, I like candy any month of the year!

Can't we just make this 'No Broccoli October'?

:laugh:
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    No no no a thousand times no..... I am going to eat some candy this month. Likely, I am going to eat a LOT of candy this month. To those that are doing the challenge, I wish you all the best!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Um, there's is CANDY CORN everywhere this time of year. This is not the month to be giving up candy!

But really, good luck to all of you who are taking the challenge. I'll be cheering from the sidelines in my Audrey Hepburn costume for this one.
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in for no candy this month. I will be handing out candy for Halloween-- I just buy Mounds and Almond Joy for the trick or treaters, since I don't like coconut. :P
  • irsleepy2
    Options
    With Halloween coming up and a house full of kids, this won't be 'easy', ...but I'm in!
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    no.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Awesome! We should all come up with great ideas for kids besides Candy! Like stickers or pencils!

I used to love getting pencils (obviously the cool-looking themed ones, not the boring yellow ones) pens, erasers or other little things like that when I was a kid. Another item I've seen people giving out lately that kids seem to like is those glow in the dark bracelets.

My husband and I have a tradition of dark chocolate before bed, so I won't be joining you in your candy ban. I'm only willing to give up unhealthy things, and since a little dark chocolate isn't harmful and I don't ever eat any of those other kinds of candy anyway, it wouldn't be much of a challenge for me to join you. But I do wish everyone else success in their endeavor! :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    @ elcmum wouldn't it fit better on your mind to give the kids fruit rather than candy of any kind? :happy:

As a parent, I wouldn't allow my kids to eat fruit given out by a stranger. razor blades and all that. Besides, giving fruit might just get your house TP'D.

Yeah, fruit's no good. I recommend NOT doing it. Most parents won't let their kids eat unwrapped food from strangers, plus it's heavy, weighs down the bags and takes up too much space. I've seen the streets and people's doors and yards completely dripping with smashed apples and oranges a few times. It's a nice thought, but really, nobody wants it.
  • TG2212
    TG2212 Posts: 1
    Options
    :) I'm in
  • missionPossibleIcan
    Options
    Okay....so we have a sweet tooth! What can you do instead of reaching for a chocolate bar?

For me I drink a chocolate Shakeology drink every single day... keeps me away from the REAL chocolate and is sweet enough just to do the trick.
    I also like sugar free pudding or any kind of fruit really.
    there are choco powder almonds

Got tips share them! Happy first day everyone...... We got this!
  • missionPossibleIcan
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I almost slipped yesterday but I put the candy back in the jar at work! Going strong here!
  • jillm85
    jillm85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i have come to chocolate is licking my fingers after feeding my 11 month ok a kit kat... i didnt count that, i could have eaten the kit kat, it was looking at me :( but yeah so far so good... chocolate drinks are cheating :p