Are my calves too small? *PICS*

Options
I've had people call my calves twigs and tell me they look so fragile, like they would break easily. DO they really? I think they're disproportionately small to my thighs *sigh* How do I change this? I already lift weights, my routine is on my profile. I just finished up my 1st week of it. Here are some pics.
11237423_4365.jpg
0000-3.png
0.png
size561.png

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • edynjen
    Options
    I think they look just fine. They seem perfectly in porportion to the rest of you. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I think they look just fine. They seem perfectly in porportion to the rest of you. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I feel like they're too small & ppl tell me they look fragile. I don't wanna look fragile. ugh.
  • fit30s
    fit30s Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is one of those "body image" things. No two bodies are alike, there is no such thing as a perfect body. You seem to have a healthy body weight. Ditto, don't sweat it.:wink:
  • shorty35565
    Options
    This is one of those "body image" things. No two bodies are alike, there is no such thing as a perfect body. You seem to have a healthy body weight. Ditto, don't sweat it.:wink:

I guess ur right. I have bad body image, so I tend to see something wrong w/ everything. No1 seems to be real similar to me & I know that no 2 bodies are the same, but a lot of ppl find ppl who are similar. I really havent, so it makes me feel like I'm weird. When ppl say something ab the only skinny part of me, it bothers me. It's like nothing is good enough.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    No 1 else? I guess ppl dont think I serious or I'm trolling, but I'm dead serious.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    looks fine to me- maybe you just have some haters- but if it bothers you do some strength training for them (I have no clue what to reccommend)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're small at all, they looked defined and like you'd find on anyone who works out. I don't know why you'd think that. I mean you don't look like a body builder but it seems like you have average sized calves that are defined from the typical work out routine.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I feel like they're too small & ppl tell me they look fragile. I don't wanna look fragile. ugh.

This is pretty much the only thing that matters. If YOU think they're too small, then work on them. IF you thought they looked great then I would say, it's fine, leave them. I know I don't have to live with your legs, so my opinion shouldn't really matter a whole lot.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Give thanks for having calves and move along.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    do calf raises. that will build muscle up.

stop listening to others. embrace your own uniqueness.
  • KallMeMar
    Options
    No they look just fine.. Don't worry ok?
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    They look good. A bit more calf muscle would also be ok, but you're in the good range.
  • LostinAcademia
    LostinAcademia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hm....I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd say your calves are a little on the underdeveloped side, in proportion to your upper body. That being said, I'm normally around tennis players and I'm probably used to OVERdeveloped calves ;)
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    yeah isolate your gastrocnemius with weight lifting exercise.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    your calves are similar to mine, but i have much bigger thighs than you. not sure if there is anything that someone can really do to build up their calves though.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Calves size is one of the place where genetics play a big role for size. I think you are lucky, I have big calves and finding high boots is a pain !!!!
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I don't think they're small at all, they looked defined and like you'd find on anyone who works out. I don't know why you'd think that. I mean you don't look like a body builder but it seems like you have average sized calves that are defined from the typical work out routine.

They're 11.75in. Every1 tells me they're so small & look fragile. But thank u :) I don't want body builder calves lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Hm....I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd say your calves are a little on the underdeveloped side, in proportion to your upper body. That being said, I'm normally around tennis players and I'm probably used to OVERdeveloped calves ;)

My upper body is just fat *sigh* And my calves r too small. Thanks for being honest.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Don't loose sleep over your calves. It's mostly genetic. My calves are large compared to my thighs.
    We have to make the most of what we have. You look good!