OPEN DIARIES

Options
Hi - I'm new (day 4) and am loving MFP mainly because of the log, the community and the open diaries! I have "lurked" on quite a few open diaries and have gotten some awesome meal and snack ideas and have made a fabulous grocery list. I keep my diary open and I will try to always be honest on it. I have also used the Recipe builder to "calculate" some of our favorite meals so this tool is really an eye opener for me. I had always heard you should use a food journal but this is my 1st attempt and it is great but would be even better if more of you would open up those diaries so I can find new alternatives. Thanks

Replies

• livingwithlam
    Options
    Not to be rude, but your diary actually isn't open. :P Mine is though. I admit I don't eat the greatest, but you're more than welcome to have a look. That goes for anyone else, too.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary either... but mine is open. I may not eat the best things, however, I'm ALWAYS honest on it... ur welcome to lurk. lol

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I lurk as well, because it interests me.... especially since I've been finding a lot where the main foods are from fast food places.
    I keep mine open, but I don't always input everything, trying to do better on that though.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. :)
    Feel free to message me if you are curious what a particular meal was. I tend to list out the ingredients individually, and it can be hard to picture what went with what / how it was prepared.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I have just opened mine. You are not going to find much inspiration on my weekends LOL but feel free to have a lurk around, I am always honest.
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    My diary's open! I love looking at other peoples' food diaries too. :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I didn't think you could see diaries of members who were not your friends. Interesting, I'll have to look into this.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I too lurk! Then I find great ideas & copy them!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i lurk all the time. i love lurking around other people's diaries. my diary is pretty bland i eat mostly oatmeal, vegetables and chicken. yawn.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I didn't think you could see diaries of members who were not your friends. Interesting, I'll have to look into this.

Yep you had to choose when you joined up if only yourself can see the diary, everyone can see it or just you and your friends can.

Mine is open to anyone wanting to peek. I eat a lot so it will get boring though :)