Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse???

Options
Has anyone ever tried this?? I just saw it on Pinterest and was curious... I just bought a giant bottle of it! The recipe I saw is 1.5 cups vinegar in 1 gallon of water to drink throughout the day.

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Is that all you drink or is it in addition to regular meals? Some people rave about drinking ACV-based drinks in addition to regular eating maybe that is what you mean. I only use it in my hair (as a rinse) and it works great for that purpose.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's in addition to what you eat. You just simply add it to your water. Water is all I drink.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    it tastes really really disgusting. I took 3T 3x/day for about 2 weeks to clear chronic yeast in the gut. It literally made me shudder, but it worked.

I don't think it will make you lose weight though.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Don't know about losing weight but I used it to quit smoking :)
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I only use it with honey in hot water for sore throat & colds, I also use it with olive oil as a salad dressing. Don't think my stomach could take it with just water, Good luck!:drinker:
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Two tablespoons are all you really need.
    Be careful..because the acid in the vinegar can cause esophagus and gums burn, tooth enamel erosion, and upset stomach...if over consumed.
    I mix mine with unsweetened apple juice, then a full glass of water.
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    Hmmmm.... Sounds not so worth it then. Thanks!
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It has helped with insulin resistance. ONE-TWO TABLESPOON before meals MAX. Diluted in a little bit of water you do not want to pickle your insides!! :P

I kind of take it like a shot in a little glass while holding my nose hehe. Makes it easier to handle the fowl taste!!

EDIT: I did a lot of research before deciding whether or not to do it :)
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My boss was just talking this week to me about a book called The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz and I recall her mentioning the term ACV-based drinks. My boss did the flush herself. A 20 minute discussion was way over my head so I just zoned out (don't tell my boss) and figured I would look it up later.

Wish I could be more help. At 61, my flushes are pretty much related to Raisin Bran and Sam Adams beer!

Good luck researching and deciding what to do.
  • AlissaFL
    AlissaFL Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It is really healthy and can "cure" all sorts of issues. I think that recipe is too strong. Just put a Tbsp in a glass of water and drink that 1-2 times per day. I have read it can boost weight loss, but it does so much for overall health, it's good even when you aren't trying to lose weight as a daily routine, much like vitamins.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I take a table spoon or two mixed with a big glass of water sometimes. The other morning though on an empty stomach I did this and it hurt badly so had some milk and was fine again so I don't suggest it first thing in the morning.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor. I refuse to even consider any fad diet or clease until a medical professional can give me a rundown of the pros and cons of it and if it is healthy for me. Every body is different so while one person might sing its praises another might not. I would ask your doctor. :) she/he might even be able to offer you a better suggestion.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...I would ask your doctor. :) she/he might even be able to offer you a better suggestion.
    You mean like skip the fads, eat at a reasonable caloric deficit and mix in some exercise? :bigsmile:
  • Jes_ika
    Jes_ika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A few of my friends are doing this now you mix it with water and they feel a difference. I have not tried it.they do it first first thing in the morning and before meals.
  • Milla098
    Options
    it tastes really really disgusting. I took 3T 3x/day for about 2 weeks to clear chronic yeast in the gut. It literally made me shudder, but it worked.

I don't think it will make you lose weight though.

It does make you lose weight! Fergi from the Black Eyed Peas swears by it for keeping her lean, and so do the Braggs in their book about Apple Cider Vinegar. I also swear by it for reducing stomach if your stomach is bloated, will help flatten your stomach! :)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It is excellent for your health & I take a spoon full with some fresh lemon juice in warm water most mornings :) Mainly for my skin, however I've read that it helps with weight loss/removing toxins from the body and I've been losing consistently!
  • bfridey
    bfridey Posts: 25
    Options
    Has anyone lost weight on this cleanse??

Just new on here and trying to make some new fitpal friends and see what works for best weight loss.
  • TKBurris
    TKBurris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    .... well, it will DEFINITELY clean you out, lol. My great-grandmother and mom (took) take it every day to "stay regular" - but only about a teaspoon. When I make cough syrup form y kids, I add it in there. I now if you cant stand SUPER tart stuff, it will give you goose bumps and send chills down you spine, and if you take enough of it - like your instructions say - it will clean you out in a couple of days (if not sooner)
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    My uncle swears by it. He drinks it throughout the day. He said since he started taking it, he has not been sick a day. He is very healthy and active.
  • sabolfitwife
    Options
    You mean like skip the fads, eat at a reasonable caloric deficit and mix in some exercise? :bigsmile:

I'll have YOU know, I don't do fads. I work my *kitten* off every day and eat as cleanly as I can and have lost over 30 lbs from it. Excuse me for seeing something and asking a simple question. It's people like you that irritate the heck out of me. Don't post on people's threads if only to be a smartass. Thank you, have a nice day.