The Meaning of Life...(is NOT in the fridge!) Febuary Chall

Options

Replies

• kaytbognar
    Options
    Look at you two small-worlding it up!

How intense are the wii workouts? And how coordinated do you have to be (I am SO not coordinated at all)

I'm SO braindamaged from work this week, and it's likely not going to let up until after VD (UGH VD, I HATE VD! Meaning of life? SO NOT in a Hallmark Holiday about some dead canonized jailbird with a penchant for penmanship...) If I wasn't a greedy wench, I'd take a day off--6 hours of massage for like 9 days in a row is WAAAAAY more than I'm used to.

End of grumbles.

Meaning of life is not in the deep fryer--not deep fried plantains, not deep fried yucca balls, not deep fried cheese...I am SO GLAD that I don't know how to work that thing, otherwise I would be in deep doo doo.

Also, none of my clothes fit properly anymore. I have to fold t down the waistbands of my pants and cuff up the legs, and I think all but two of my bras no longer fit me (not that I mind, I HATE wearing bras so now I have an excuse to always wear my bratops or sports bras.) Gotta get out my needle and dental floss and macguyver some adjustments methinks. Of course, I shouldn't complain becuase it's a sure sign I'm on the right track to where I wanna be, but DARNIT, I'm cheap and lazy and don't want to have to think about what I''m wearing.

Clearly, my brain is fried, DEEP FRIED and served with special sauce.

Snoogins.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Grumbles.

I'm back for confession.

I hit the fridge tonight for the first time in about a month. Arroz con Gandules and cheeses were my vices. I think i may have underestimated my calories burned today (I had a couple reiki sessions instead of massage, so I kind of...assumed they were nothing? IDK. Whatever.) or something. Maybe it was just that I didn't know I was going to be having so many massages (three of them booked in the afternoon) so I didn't eat more earlier to kind of space out my food for the day. Maybe it was becuase I ran out of apples and didn't get enough sugar to keep my brain alive. Who knows.

Whatever it was 10:30/11ish rolled around and I was SO exhausted and just...completely braindamaged and STILL can't go to bed because I have to wait for my stupid linens to finish their cycle in the stupid dryer and the I stupidly have to fold the stupid things. I hate doing laundry. GRUMBLES.

The rice was good, I enjoyed myself, stayed away form the sugar, and the cheese wasn't as excessive as it has been (even a few weeks ago I could see myself cramming fistfuls of cheese cubes into my face without a thought...)

Anyway, I am RAMBLOR the rambling dinosaur. Clearly still not making much sense. I guess this is a good lesson for me, though, for when I return to a land where five or six massages in a day can be more or less standard AND I bike around the city because I am a socially conscious and earth friendly individual (this, in actual fact, is a clever ruse! The truth behind my bike-is-my-car is that I am too cheap to pay for public transport or gasoline when I can tote my *kitten* around for free most of the time using leg power--my one great truth is that my cheapness > my laziness.)

Ok, I'm stopping now. Put me out of my misery :(
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Mornin Munchkins. Or, rather, non-Munchkins.

Snow. Unlike. (though, still at 0 inches for me this year)

For Kim (and anyone who needs a laugh) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuf61OjvoPQ

Simon's Cat. If you have never seen Simon's Cat cartoons, oh-emm-gee they are genius. This one is brand new, perfect timing with all the snow (the first half was posted before New Year's with a promise of Part 2. This clip includes parts 1 and 2)

Still alcohol free. I even went to my favorite bar and had regular unsweetened iced tea. V for Victory.

Kayt, Valentine's Day is just made up by a bunch of unhappy married people to try to feel better about their decision. AND to make those of us who are single feel worse. Whatever. No one to pick up after. No one's whining to listen to. Watch whatever you want, clean when and if you feel like it. Wear what you want , spend your money however you see fit, no annoying in-laws, no ugly "Dogs Playing Poker" paintings or other odd decorating schemes. Enjoy your freedom, even though I sometimes think it would be nice to be in a relationship - but - I know I'm not good at it and I really hate men telling me how to do every little thing in my life that I've been doing JUST FINE for myself, thank you, for most of my adult years.
    Just another day. :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Can I join in?

The meaning of life is not in the goodies I am talking myself out of baking.
    It may, however be in the marathon I just registered for. :noway:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Shuntae! Welcome.

The meaning of life is most definitely in the running shoes. Wish I could still run.

And, good for you for keeping busy here on the boards instead of baking.

Baked goods are no substitute for love, or sadness, or lonliness. And they are not a remedy for anger, frustration or hurt. (Kayt says so too.)

Hence - no life problems were ever solved by baked goods. :happy:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae! Welcome.

The meaning of life is most definitely in the running shoes. Wish I could still run.

Baked goods are no substitute for love, or sadness, or lonliness. And they are not a remedy for anger, frustration or hurt. (Kayt says so too.)

Baking has always been a hobby, so I will just work on a different hobby today. I can work on crocheting my blankets or snuggle up with the cat and watch The Tudors...and I have to get pizza dough made for dinner tonight. And of course, play here and on FB.
  • geminijojo82
    Options
    I love it this is so my problem!!

The meaning of life is not
    on the plate under the chocolate cake
    not at the bottom of a carton of Cherry Garcia
    and certainly not in a syrup bottle or under the pancakes.

Great thread here's to a month of WILL POWER
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Shuntae! Welcome.

Baking has always been a hobby, so I will just work on a different hobby today. I can work on crocheting my blankets or snuggle up with the cat and watch The Tudors...and I have to get pizza dough made for dinner tonight. And of course, play here and on FB.

I do say so, too. Cheryl speaks communal WISDOM! and TRUTH! I can understand finding it tough to resist the baking hobby :( Too bad there isn't some perpetual bake sale the universe puts on so we can bake goodies, eat ONE and then have the rest vanish. Grumbles.

I cross stitch to keep from cramming crap into my mouth, though the "memories of tuscany" vineyard landscape pattern makes me want to drink lots of wine :/

Gemini-- not just WILL POWER, we got WON'T POWER, as in "I WON'T eat that whole chocolate cake smothered in cherry garcia and wash it down with syrup by the glass."

THE MEANING OF LIFE IS IN JASMINE WHITE TEA.
    Why must this remind me of the lost love of my life? I miss my shady little tea-crazed gremlin :( *wanders off to be whiny and heartsick somewhere else*
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Shuntae! Welcome.

I do say so, too. Cheryl speaks communal WISDOM! and TRUTH! I can understand finding it tough to resist the baking hobby :( Too bad there isn't some perpetual bake sale the universe puts on so we can bake goodies, eat ONE and then have the rest vanish. Grumbles.

I cross stitch to keep from cramming crap into my mouth, though the "memories of tuscany" vineyard landscape pattern makes me want to drink lots of wine :/

Gemini-- not just WILL POWER, we got WON'T POWER, as in "I WON'T eat that whole chocolate cake smothered in cherry garcia and wash it down with syrup by the glass."

Why must this remind me of the lost love of my life? I miss my shady little tea-crazed gremlin :( *wanders off to be whiny and heartsick somewhere else*

Kayt, are you Gemini-Girl too? Me too. speedmetal.gif

Lost loves are hard to forget. They will (and, I think, should) stay with you always.

I :heart: Jasmine anything - Jasmine Green Tea is my fave.

Then again, some lost loves are better - um - LOST. :noway:
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Shuntae! Welcome.

Kayt, are you Gemini-Girl too? Me too. speedmetal.gif

Lost loves are hard to forget. They will (and, I think, should) stay with you always.

I :heart: Jasmine anything - Jasmine Green Tea is my fave.

Then again, some lost loves are better - um - LOST. :noway:

Hahaha, not a gemini Cheryl, this girly is a Cancer! (funnily enough my birthday is pretty much the EXACT midpoint of the year) I LOVE THAT ROCKER SMILEY THOUGH!

Jasmine anything is right for delight. I had a friend who worked at Lush and she would always give me jasmine scented bath balms and fragrance salves and stuff. Mmmmm.

My lost-love wasn't a romantic love, he was just my summer soul mate and easily counts as one of my very best friends. His phone was disconnected in December and since I have no phone that's truly my own, we haven't really been in contact in three or four months (he is opposed to email and facebook and internet communications.) Fate keeps screwing me up whenever I try and get a call out to him, too--I'm really starting to get cheesed off at the universe! *SHAKESFIST*

Resolve crumbled and I comforted myself with tembleque and a little whipped cream. Maria essentially handed it to me, so how could I say no, right? Recognition, though, I know that the meaning of life isn't in there and that it just tastes really darn good. I'll probably be set treat-wise now for another month or so.

GOOD GRIEF. What a week.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Jasmine-boy needs to get over that whole email internet facebook thing.

Jasmine-boy needs to get over that whole email internet facebook thing.

T to the RUTH!
    I get a quickie email from him everyone month or two. SOMEDAY we shall speak again. *dreams*

AUGH the meaning of life might have been in my oatmeal this morning--added coconut, rasins and a spoonful of that free almond butter I lucked into--good god it was DEE-LISH!

Krunkneck and krunkback sucks *kitten*, and my stupid boss is such a jerk! I'm tromping around playing contortionist trying to just get at the knot in my back and he says, "GEE! Maybe you need a massage!" ESTUTE OBSERVATION FROM THE CRYPTKEEPER. Perhaps you know somewhere that offers massage? Perhaps you even want to spoil your darling hardworking Massage Therapist by setting one up for her? oh, you don't? Then STFU, because I clearly NEED a massage and will likely not get one until I go home to Toronto in May...GRUMBLES.

the meaning of life is in a long nap, I think.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kayt,

Pay for your own massage, or ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. The other way won't work - i.e. expecting people to read your minds (think cryptkeeper).

No need to be in pain whilst trying to heal others. Can't be good for you or them. At least ask the boss if he would be willing to split the cost of a massage for you. Think of it as your Valentines gift to yourself, or your reward for reaching the 20lbs Lost milestone!

Congrats, BTW.

It's Friday and the meaning of life is in the lap lane at the pool. TTYL.

Massage every 20 pounds...fabulous incentive...just might steal that idea for myself!

Kay...go pamper yourself...that is an order!

Have a great day, people!
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The meaning in life is DEFINATELY in roller skating! burned through over 900 calories...of course I now feel like I was put through a ringer washer...backwards...but it is a good owwy and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :sad: :cry: Where is everyone?????? I'm going to the bedroom and watch TV. No sugar, no alcohol and no boy to cuddle with.

oh. I had some sugar. So shoot me. :wink:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm here....I'm not sure whether to be proud of you or sad for you...maybe a bit of both! You'll be a'right, as my boys tell me! Have a great day today and treat yourself extra special (in a NON-food sort of way!)
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    I'm here, just laying low because I'm cranky and whiney and generally PMSy and my moms always told me if I don't have anything productive to say I oughta dummy up.

I had some sugar, too Cheryl. They can line us up for the firing squad together. The big question is: did you have a drink? (I didn't...maybe that's why I'm so cranky...)

Kind of off-topic (but really, when did that ever stop me before...) but does anyone else get overwhelmingly fatigued around their TOM? I've been noticing over the past few months that the week before and of my TOM I am just slow as molasses and dragging my butt around like it's an ACME brand anvil. My brain gets all sluggish and it's definitely when I'm MOST prone to Fridge Raiding (cue Indiana Jones music...stupid Buffet of Death doesn't help at all at all.) I know, I know, I just described pretty general PMS symptoms heard the world round, but is there anything anyone does to help alleviate these symptoms? I've read about taking apple cider vinegar and blackstrap molasses helping, so I might give that a try.

GRUM-BLES. What a lousy, no-good, crumbum (holi)day.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Thanks, I think, Kim............hmmmmm . I watched three hours of "Las Vegas" (the TV show - on DVD) last night and ate strawberries, sharp cheddar and reduced fat Triscuits. Yummy snack, even if I had clean sheets and now there are some Triscuit crumbs in bed. Didn't really miss the boy in bed - -I had Josh Duhamel - - nuff said.....

AND Kayt! Still no alcohol for me. Definitely has affected my sugar cravings, though. I've had more sugar this month than the last three months combined, I think. But still only a few treats, no full-on binge.

The PMS thing. Best thing I've found is menopause. Sorry. Actually I'm not sorry, it has been the best thing EVER for me. Hang in there for about two more decades....

Happy Hallmark Holiday. Smooches to my friends.:smooched:
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    The king of prophylactic holidays got better! Still battling the buffet, curses all over that crap, but I got a hold of Jasmine Boy this afternoon! Joy and delight. Got to catch up for 20 minutes before he had to run to work. YAY + HOO-RAY!

GRUMBLES Cheryl. GRUMBLES. I do not want to wait another 2 decades for this crumby PMS to let up. I noticed today that they got a fesh bottle of Johnny Walker Black--a freakin' 60oz. I want to drink it all. Instead, I plan on cozying up to the Winchester Brothers (a.k.a. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki of Supernatural) tonight with a marathon of stockpiled new episodes I've been saving just for this occasion. Cheryl you are inspirational: I LOVE TV on DVD.

The Cryptkeeper is being all crazy lately, he's been snippy and micromanaging everything this week. Maybe he's PMSy too. Ugh. I want to stab his God complex in the eyeball. Anyone got some kind of antidepressants I can slip in his food or whatever?