Cant get to 1200 calories

Options
So I eat 6 times a day and still cant get to 1200 calories, I am losing weight and thats great but
i want to keep the weight off and im worried about my metabolism. I eat mostly all organic and live off of fruit, veggies, almonds, and chicken, i also have the a small non-fat latte 3 days out of the week.I also have small portions and i measure everything out now according to the serving size, I am not hungry all the time or anything so what do i do!

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Can't tell you anything if your diary isn't open. Alot of times people think that what they are eating is healthy when in fact it isn't. I know some of my choices aren't the most healthy. But I usually plan it that way.
  • velsbree
    Options
    I can see you started in Sept. it takes a while to figure out what to eat and when. I wouldn't worry about starvation ..... But that said if you are not eating enough to satisfy yur bodies needs you will go back to old ways. How many calories did you eat before starting here?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    gradually adding foods, increasing portion sizes will fix this.

look up calorie dense foods on google. You'll find tons. Things like greek yogurt, oils, other nuts, hummus, peanut butter, stuff with good fats in it is usually calorie dense.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Just eat more at each meal. Just because you're not hungry, it doesn't mean you don't need more food. Your body can get used to eating so little.
  • donnakcraig
    donnakcraig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    at the end of the day if I am not at 1200 calories I eat a couple spoons of whipped peanut butter. don't know if this is somthing you would eat, but helps me get in my calories and spoon licking good also.
  • ilinx
    ilinx Posts: 34
    Options
    How about eating calorie denser food? Like avocados, peanut butter or nuts in general? They help to 'fill up' gaps of too huge caloric deficits and have lots of healthy benefits (vitamins,etc).
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, oats protein shakes, hummus and avocados. Also, I feel like calling BS because I've been on an elimination diet for six weeks or so now (for health reasons, nothing to do with counting calories) and I'm able to eat 2000 calories every day with no dairy, gluten, tree nuts, etc... Just find calorie dense foods and eat them.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not hungry because your eating 6 times a day, try eating 3 bigger meals or more calorie dense foods, nuts, avocado semi skimmed instead of skimmed

1200 is the min for a small sedentary woman

Good luck on your journey :)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you eat to little, your metabolism will become sluggish. Make sure you are getting enough fats. If you open your diary we can give you better suggestions. I've been at this since February. I surpassed my original goal and am in maintenance mode now... A few pounds from my revised goal. I've found that eating too little can send you into a plateau or worse yet, cause you to start gaining. I've been eating about 1600 calories per day before exercise to maintain. You want to be able to make this a way of life, not a short fix. Eat a little junk each day so you don't feel deprived.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    i also have the a small non-fat latte 3 days out of the week.
    Have a large, full-fat latte seven days a week?
  • suemoony
    suemoony Posts: 25 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    eat more?
  • shmapril
    Options
    I know everyone is saying eat more but i am not hungry and when i over eat i feel sick. i am really picky about food i dont like avocadoes or hummes or peanuts, I have a large apple for breakfast with a spoon ful of almond butter, then i have a apple or orange as a snack, for lunch i make a smoothie, and for another snack i have a handfull of almonds, i have some frozen mangoes as another snack, for dinner i have a healthy choice meal i also have a healthy choice greek yogurt ice cream cup.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    the human body will attempt to adjust your hunger hormones to the amount of food you eat, this process takes time (usually a week or two), if you slowly, gradually add a little bit every 2 or 3 days, you'll get there. Say 50 calories a day more, every 3 days or so and you shouldn't feel any ill effects from it, and it 2 weeks you'll be up 200 calories and able to do it without any undo feelings of sickness.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat higher calorie foods or eat 3 big meals a day instead of 6 small meals, maybe add a spoonful of peanut butter in there somewhere. 1200 is the lowest you can go on here, maybe open your diary so we can help a little more.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Course you can babe, how did we all get here in the first place if it weren't for eating more than 1200 a day

Change your lattes to full fat, or eat some nuts
    x
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So I eat 6 times a day and still cant get to 1200 calories, I am losing weight and thats great but
    i want to keep the weight off and im worried about my metabolism. I eat mostly all organic and live off of fruit, veggies, almonds, and chicken, i also have the a small non-fat latte 3 days out of the week.I also have small portions and i measure everything out now according to the serving size, I am not hungry all the time or anything so what do i do!

You can't eat 1200 calories per day? smh.. don't understand. A large T of peanut butter is 200 calories.
  • BringOnSexy
    Options
    1200 cal a day is difficult for me too. I'm increasing the protein so I feel less hungry. If I'm under 1200 for the day I don't stress too much so long as overall what I'm doing is healthy. Have a nice day!
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mm...how about eating some actual food? Instead of an apple with almond butter, try eggs, or oatmeal. For lunch, substitute a salad with some kind of lean meat, or even a wrap. Then, maybe cook lean meat and veg for dinner?

Just a thought.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Add foods like avocado, olive oil..