Have 100+ lbs to lose OR have lost big??

Options
2»

Replies

• chevychic16
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose and I am slowly working on it. I am excited to be a smaller me :)
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have sent you a friend request. I too have a long way to go. If anyone else would like to add me feel free. I log in every day and track almost all the time regardless if I am over for the day. It helps me give myself a kick in the butt when I see the "If you continue to eat like this day you will weigh ###", good or bad.

That being said, if you don't like to see people on plan 100%, don't add me because it won't happen. I have heard of people deleting MFP friends because they are over on their calories.
  • chevychic16
    Options
    That is amazing!! Kudos to you :) Can I ask how long it took you?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am here for encouragement if you want to add me :)

I have lost 87 lbs since April 2011. Just keep to it and you will reach your goals. All the small losses add up to big ones, but still enjoy life. Has to be changes you can sustain forever.
  • jmrowell69
    Options
    The question I always seem to be asking myself lately is, "Do I need it, or just want it?"

I started off with a bang on my weight loss (20 lbs the first week, 10 pounds the next week) but soon started losing like 1-3 lbs a week. I started off weighing 487 lbs and 3 1/2 months later am at 395. I am now back to losing 6-8 lbs a week because I cut my calories to 1,600 - 1,800 a day. Surprisingly, this is a substantial amount of food if you know what to eat. I can have 2 ham and cheese sandwiches and a can of Progresso Light soup WITH a small bag of chips for supper and only be eating 590 calories! It's a simple matter of eating the right foods, e.g., Kraft fat free singles, Natures Own 9-grain bread, Bar-S 97% fat free ham slices, etc.. I snack all day instead of having a lunch, to keep up my motabalism, on my favorite fruits, air popped popcorn (Orville Redenbachers Ready-To-Eat is AWESOME!) etc.. My breakfast is pretty standard, a light Yoplait yogurt and 2 General Mills breakfast cereal treats (Cocoa Puffs, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch) equals just 300 calories. Who says we can't enjoy our food:tongue: .
    Once again. When I am sitting in my recliner at night and have reached my personal daily calorie goal, I just ask myself the question. "Do I need it, or just want it?" If I'm hungry, I need it. If I'm just sitting around thinking how good something to eat would be, I want it. It is then I occupy my thoughts with something else.
    I hope this helps you.
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I noticed you have lost 17 Lbs too. Way to go!
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The scale finally dropped during th night.. yay!
  • leahbobeah
    Options
    I've lost 45 since March and hoping to lose 100 still :/
  • janjoy50
    Options
    Well done to you. Thats an enormous achievement. I am only a couple of weeks into my journey to lose around 60 lbs in total and have decided not to beat myself up when I have a little piece of fruit cake. Just adjust your food intake the next day or increase the exercise which is what I tend to do. I think you have done amazingly well.:smooched:
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've 100 lbs to lose!! I am getting back at it after quitting smoking and picking up some bad eating habits...I need some friends on here again, I guess that all the ones I had before deleted me for not being successful :( Anyway, I have hit rock bottom in regards to my weight..I am the same weight as I was when I was pregnant with twins!! Pretty depressed about it all...