Motivation= dreaming about my chubby thighs!

Options
So last night I had a dream about my chubby thighs...aaahhh! It was awful! It motivated me to NOT have chocolate for breakfast. I think the reason I had this dream is that last night on fb, I posted that I wanted to lose 10 pounds by my bday (April 16). Several people posted...from where?! You have no excess weight on your body. I told them, 5 pounds from my left thigh and 5 pounds form my right thigh! Despite the fact that I weigh 174 pounds, I am also 5'10"and have an athletic build so when I say things like "I wanna lose 10 pounds" people go into an uproar. I tell them that is because they haven't seen my thighs naked!! I'm certainly no skinny mini/bean pole, and never will be, BUT I'm not necessarily fat either. All my "extra" weight hides itself in my thighs.

I just had to laugh this morning when I woke up and had dreamed about my chubby thighs! That is motivation to lose these 10 pounds!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    LOL a couple of weeks ago, I dreamed I had liposuction. Women do tend to hide their weight on their thighs. People really can't see it until swim suit season. Hopefully the diet and exercise will work and I won't have to resort to surgery.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    DH and I had an ongoing joke about my 'manatee flaps' - you know, that back fat that kinda rolls over and flaps around. So I had a dream about my manatee flaps carrying me off to Aruba and it was pretty funny but kept me motivated. Now my manatee flaps are all gone and I have no way to get to Aruba.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, thats were most of my weight is. Better my chubby thighs than apple shaped and flabby waiste lol. Good luck, and I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • jenj1983
    Options
    Yes, I would rather "hide" my fat in my thighs than elsewhere. I think you can get away with a lot more as a pear shape than an apple shape. My mom is an apple shape while I'm a pear shape and she has a really hard time finding clothes that are flattering. And swimming suit season is never fun to think about!

Good luck to all of you with wherever you hide your weight!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    The good news is that I'm finding lots of extra room in pants that used to be tight. I was sitting with one of my students the other day and looked down and thought "Man my leg looks skinny today." I still don't completely like the look of them when I'm naked but they are looking better and better in my clothes. I hope this last 9 pounds takes the fat completely off my inner thighs (that's where I hide mine-lol).
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yeah I WISH I hid my weight in my thighs, my best friend is like this and she always looks great in whatever she wears, especially in the winter. I am an apple shape and boy it is tough, even when I was really really fit at 100lbs in high school (track runner) I would think I looked fat in everything cause of my shape! Mother and grandmother all have the same shape. =/ Oh and OF COURSE the first place I have been losing inches from ...MY THIGHS! cause I have been doing a lot of lower body strengthening cause I have bad knees
  • jenj1983
    Options
    LOL! The first place I lose weight is in my collar bones/rib cage....NOT where it needs to come from! Good luck to you all!