Who's doing Turbo Fire???

Options

Replies

• ladyheath
    ladyheath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input ladies, Im so excited to start the hybrid tomorrow. I added a few of you that replied to my post, looking forward to seeing everyones results and progress :) Good luck ladies!
  • Morenna
    Morenna Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Turbo Fire/ BBL hybrid and have already lost 12 lbs. TF is awesome!
  • IdaMarie78
    IdaMarie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    so after 30 days my results are -5lb loss and -6 inches. I know.I.could have done better if my eating was cleaner. will work on it this month. ;)
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I do Turbo Fire as a hybrid with P90X. Turbo Fire is so much fun that it is my go to for cardio. Love it! At first you feel like you can't keep up or will never learn the moves but she is right. The more you do it the easier it gets. Not the work out. But the moves.
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I recently purchased TurboFire and I'm incorporating it into my other workouts (Winsor Pilates, The FIRM Workouts, Body Pump, Body Combat). I plan to get through all the workouts but at a much slower pace. I did the stretch 55 once, but prob. won't be doing that one too much, it's basically yoga with stretches. All other workouts have been great so far, very fun and great cal burn!
  • bostongrl81
    bostongrl81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Turbo Fire today and just curious how you guys log it in your MFP...or do you not log it so you don't eat the calories?

Thanks!

Jenn
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I'm starting Turbo Fire today and just curious how you guys log it in your MFP...or do you not log it so you don't eat the calories?

Thanks!

Jenn

I use a Heart Rate Monitor to get my calorie burn then log it.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Missed my workout yesterday, grrrr! Looks like I'm working through my rest day this week. Fire 55 tonight, BRING IT!!
  • Brynne_Kathryn
    Brynne_Kathryn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 Day 2! HIIT 25 this morning. It was my first time trying it but I enjoyed it! It's hard tho, new house with wood floors, working out at 4:30am while bf is sleeping makes me nervous. Seems like its so loud!
    I use my adjustable dumbbells for the strength workouts, except for moves that the band makes more sense.
    I haven't seen much scale movement but I haven't cleaned up my diet much. My plan is to get in the habit of working out before I tackle my eating. I ordered Shakeology too so hopefully it's as great as I've heard.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    I sure am FIRED UP!!!!! Ohhhh yeah, feeling so much better this week!! Smashed out Fire 45 this morning, doing Fire 30 and Tone 30 tomorrow! IT'S ON!!! How are you guys doing with it?
  • kriss213
    Options
    I just started today and OH boy am I confused. I was all over the place during the work out. I hope it gets better. I bought turbo fire so that I could have a relatively short fun workout. However they go so fast in their ques are so confusing that I dont feel like I'm getting much out of it.

A lot easier than insanity and P90X.

I do like the music and it seems like if I could figure it out it would be fun.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been through one round of Turbofire already and LOVED IT!! I'm starting up again on 10/15 - anyone else starting around then? Looking for people to help me get through it again as I've lost everything I've accomplished the first time! Need support in this ;-)
  • IdaMarie78
    IdaMarie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Kriss... have you used the new to class function? I am on week 7 and from time to time still use it.. I am not very coordinated and don't have alot of rhythm but as long as I am working up a sweat, have my heart rate up and am burning calories.. I am ok with it. :) Good luck
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Heyyyy yall!! So, I must admit, I have been very very naughty and I missed Turbo 6 days in a row! I was in such a funk and just feeling careless. I did it last night and feel so much better! I should have started week 8 but I'm going to do week 7 over. Guess what guys, IT'S OKAY!!!!! IT'S OKAY TO NOT BE PERFECT! Just get back up and try again, I'm over trying to be perfect, that just drove me crazy. I'm not even jumping on the scale, just going to make better decisions, stick to my Turbo schedule and trust the process. Think I'm going to make another video tonight too to try and motivate myself. My channel is Silkyspade84 on youtube if you guys think it would help you too! Let's go kick some tail!! Wooooo! Hugs!
  • NotReadyForMomJeans
    Options
    Heyyyy yall!! So, I must admit, I have been very very naughty and I missed Turbo 6 days in a row! I was in such a funk and just feeling careless. I did it last night and feel so much better! I should have started week 8 but I'm going to do week 7 over. Guess what guys, IT'S OKAY!!!!! IT'S OKAY TO NOT BE PERFECT! Just get back up and try again, I'm over trying to be perfect, that just drove me crazy. I'm not even jumping on the scale, just going to make better decisions, stick to my Turbo schedule and trust the process. Think I'm going to make another video tonight too to try and motivate myself. My channel is Silkyspade84 on youtube if you guys think it would help you too! Let's go kick some tail!! Wooooo! Hugs!

I had a few days where I didn't do TF either - my parents were visiting from Nova Scotia so I was busy entertaining, indulging and drinking more wine than necessary. Doing week 7 instead of 8 this week too! Still loving it. Instead of Tone or Sculpt 30 I am doing JM's Ripped in 30 on those days after Fire 30. Gotta say, by the time I am done I feel utterly exhausted! Still losing inches and lbs, so all is well. MFP has given me a new Calorie goal is 1230 calories a day, but for the most part I ignore that, just seems too low, for me
  • freetobeme26
    freetobeme26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    also doing TF! restarted yet again, but this time i will complete it!:tongue:
  • NotReadyForMomJeans
    Options
    Hooray for week 8! Less Fire 55 EZ classes to get through - I like those ones, but I also like a solid 45 minute work out so I am finished sooner! Hoping everyone is still enjoying TF and seeing results. For those newbies out there who are discouraged with the moves here's what worked for me - bypass the "new to class" feature after you've done it once. You'll get the moves soon enough - I found I was so busy trying to remember the instructions from the "breakdowns" I'd miss the moves as they were happening - just watch Chalene and you'll have it be the second time she does each move. I am finding now instead of just trying to remember each move I know them, and instead of just trying to do them, I'm working on punching harder, kicking harder/higher...once you have the moves down you'll have more time to perfect form.
  • AshleyG1983
    Options
    Today is day 1 of week 3 for me. I never thought I would say this but I LOVE it. I feel like I'm dying after the longer ones but I have a huge sense of accomplishment. In the past I fell off the wagon fairly quickly with the whole diet/exercise thing. I guess it helps that I have workout buddy now. I've only lost about 3-4 lbs so far but I am a size down in my jeans so that is a major milestone for me.
  • cjmsteeves85
    Options
    I looove TurboFire. I did the five-month supercharged one from Jan-May. Now I do whatever workouts I feel like doing that day to supplement running, mixed in with Insanity.

I have a somewhat related question. I don't wear a heart-rate monitor or anything to track calories. I rely on MFP. I know it isn't entirely accurate, but I've been losing weight, so the ballpark figure is good enough for me.

I have been logging the workouts as high-intensity cardio. I recently noticed that you can log them as TurboJam. I know they're similar workouts. There's roughly a 100 calorie difference between the two. Has anyone with a heart monitor done both? Which one do you log? Which one is more accurate?

Thanks!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Hey guys, how are you all making out? I'm catching up on week 8, gonna have to double up on some workouts due to me slacking off on the weekend, but I'm doing a 3 day Shakeology Cleanse and leaving the past IN THE PAST! Here we go to a new day, new week, new ME! We just gotta keep reaching!! Keep trying every day! Hope you guys are doing great!!! Hugs!