Lent

Options
Is anyone giving up anything for Lent? I know it doesn't start till Wednesday but I've already made my list: chocolate, sugar, wheat and the usual nasties. Trouble is, I'm making up for it in advance by eating all those things now as I won't be able to then! Wondered how I go about making a Lent observance thread so people who want to can join and update daily.

Replies

• loopylu
    Options
    Hey. I've had a naughty weekend to make up for Lent starting too! I'm off alcohol and "bad" snacks. Good luck
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Wondered how I go about making a Lent observance thread so people who want to can join and update daily.

You just did!:bigsmile:
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good-bye to alcohol :drinker: & my potty mouth :blushing:
  • supercool111
    Options
    I'm thinking of giving up all vaguely unhealthy foods buy not alcohol or coffee...
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    I am giving up alcohol, pop and potato chips for lent.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    :smooched: i am giving up eating in my car, usually its unhealthy snacks and i get crumbs everywhere too which doesnt help the situation!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i am going to give up sodas for lent. here's hoping i can. usually i end up getting really bad migraines with out caffeine. but maybe this time i will be ok. :ohwell:
  • PCOSucks
    Options
    I'm giving up an hour of my nightly TV watching and replacing it with an extra hour of exercising. I find that giving up food for Lent never works for me. I feel doubly guilty for not sticking to the diet AND breaking my promise to God.... so I give up something not healthy and replace it with something productive. I use the extra hour of exercising to pray and it seems to work. This is the second year I've done it.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Here goes! I'm giving up chips and alcohol. Chips is going to be really tough!! But crackers and popcorn won't count so I can still get in my salt :tongue: