Clothing Sizes

Options
Hi everyone!

First off-I love MFP! I used Sparkpeople prior to joining MFP and didn't have results like I am having now. Since January I have lost 57 pounds-I feel great and some people do notice a difference.

I know everone's body is different and therefore weight loss means different things for everyone. I've only gone down 1-mayyyybe 2 pant sizes in 57 pounds.

Has anyone else experienced this? What about those of you who have alreay met your goal-was there a moment in your weight loss that your clothes really started becoming loose? I still have 120 lbs to go.

Thanks for the motivation and support! :)

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I've lost 50lb and have gone down 1 or 2 clothes sizes. A lot of the time it depends on the cut of the clothes and which shop/manufacturer. But also, Most of those 50lb have come from places other than my stomach/butt/hips/thighs, such as my chest *sigh*, fingers, feet and face. I have about 86lb left to lose, so i am hoping there will come a point when i will rocket through clothes sizes.
  • kalghoul
    kalghoul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just losing 57 lbs is a GREAT acomplishment! You should be proud of yourself!

The lack of large change in clothes size could be due to you losing weight all over your body--from your face, arms and lower legs as well as the torso. But clothing sizes usually depend on chest, waist and hip size only. You have lost in the torso--that's why you have gone down a size or two.

Take home message: you are doing fine--don't worry, the sizes will change as you whole body does.
  • TammySchumacher
    TammySchumacher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am down 40 lbs as of today! I was a tight size 14, and now I'm a comfy size 12. It has taken me 16 months to lose 40 lbs, and my friends don't believe I was ever 199. I must have held it well, but man.... I can sure tell! My face is so much slimmer, I have a waist line, and I will now wear shorts (in moderation)... so I don't care what that stupid tag says on my pants! Nor the number on the scale so much... I'm starting to like my reflection again... and that's all that matters!

SW 199
    CW 160
    GW 145

31yr old F, 5'9"
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It is helpful to know there are others in the same boat