Couch to 5k OCTOBER!

Options
Hey there! :) I'm going to be doing the couch to 5k program, I was wondering if anyone wanted to join me in a group for it? I would create the group and we'd start in october, though practice days could start now... I noticed there's a september group for it but i feel too late to actually join...so if anyone wants to join me that'd be awesome!

Replies

• dorybaby
    dorybaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm actually starting tomorrow, so i'm close enough to do it for october :) Lets do it. I'm not sure how i would join a group or what that even means. I've been on here a minute, but up until now (just had my daughter a few weeks ago) I haven't had the time to dig into the "community" boards too much. So, if you let me know, I definitely will!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I'm in...today was w1d2 for me...I am thinking I am going to need to do this first week for a few weeks. Ugh...but it is exciting to be out doing this as I've never.run before.
  • skylarjutte
    skylarjutte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I actually started using a couch to 5k app on my iphone last week. I just finished week 2 day 2 run. If anyone wants to get the app it's really awesome! it's a free app and you only have to run 3 times a week for 30 minutes. In nine weeks I will be able to run a full 5k!
  • escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im in! Id love to be able to run a 5k soon! Lets do it!!
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in for October, too! Getting the app right now. I've needed to do this for years.
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just did W1D1 yesterday. Bought some new running shoes tonight! Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.
  • Live_love_life
    Options
    I'm in! Starting W1D1 today :D super excited... Bought some new running shoes so I'm ready to go!
    Add me! And keep me updated :)
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Anyone else want to join us!?!?! :D all are welcome! come join the group!
  • kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've had the app for months, and it's time to use it!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I keep starting it, but never make it past the first week. Maybe having people to talk to about it will help. Sign me up!
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week Four right now, but I'd like to join the group anyway if I could. I'll be ending in October! The support would be great.
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For any of those who haven't joined yet or would like to, this is a link to our group! todays the day!!! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/8697-couch-to-5k-october-
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the link? lol
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Count me in too.. Have the app since May! Did W1 D1 once and it was actually not that bad.. Was surprised really.

Then life got in the way and it fell by the way side. If I have a group to be accountable to - it may be the kick in the *kitten* to get out and do it.. (As I type I can hear the rain coming down in sheets!! Lol.. The joys of living in Ireland!!)
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY!:smile:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I did it over the summer and just wanted to say YOU ARE ALL GOING TO LOVE IT! I'm about to run my first 5k this weekend, and I'm feeling really confident and prepared (I've already run 3 miles several times pretty easily.) I was never ever a runner and started it a month after having my third baby at 219lbs (5'7".) If it could make a runner out of me it can make a runner out of anybody. Enjoy! :drinker:
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    I started yesterday so count me in!
  • determined_01
    Options
    I'm in I started yesterday..LOOOOVED IT!!