Shakeology, Body By Vi or Protein Shake??

Options

Replies

• livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i do Idealshape shakes, i like them a lot. they taste good.
  • MrsHottentot
    Options
    Take your supplement marketing crap and stick it up your bottom sideways!

Starts with a question... then people respond "yeah it works"... then someone pushes the stuff on you like crack on an addict!
  • summerlopresti
    Options
    I notice when I do drink the shakeology everyday I am not as hungry in the early afternoon and my cravings for sweets go waaaay down!!! Its about 4$ a day if you break it up but thats about the same for any other good supplement!
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste my money on Shakology or BBV. I buy my own protein (Pure Whey Protein) and mix it up with different ingredients every day. I love having my coolata shake for breakfast and it will keep my satisfied for about 4 hours. I use 8oz almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1 spoon of instant coffee, and 1 spoon of nutella, blend, and pour over ice...yummy. I had the hardest time hitting my protein numbers until I started having some shakes. It's much cheaper than Shakology and BBV.
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    I do Herbalife shakes, twice a day and they are amazing. They taste good, curb the cravings, and are high in protein and a lot of other stuff that is good for your body. I mix it with almond or soy milk, add in some blueberries or a little of some other fruit and blend it up.
  • MamaAlbright
    MamaAlbright Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shakes dont really train you how to eat for life. I personally dont want to be on a liquid diet my whole life. Body by vi is really sweet and from what Ive seen doesnt really assist in training you to eat healthy. My mother in law as been on it for about four months and honestly nothing has changed. If breakfast is a time issue prepare a quick grab and go breakfast the night before. I usually have a cup of cottage cheese and a fruit or yogurt and a fiber bar. Dont skip breakfast because then you end up eating to much at lunch.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i would suggest trying different combinations & making your own at home instead of going with a mix. Personally, i starting having a shake every morning about two weeks ago when trying to get away from "diet" soda & i love it! My own recipe uses a base of Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino mix with 10 oz of water (90 calories) & one container Publix Fat Free Caramel Yogurt (90 calories), then i mix it up with either more fat free yogurt (90 - 110 calories) or some protein powder (i prefer Body Fortress Chocolate, 140 calories). This mixes well in my smoothie blender with about 8 pieces of ice. Having a smoothie gives me the caffeine i need to get going in the morning & it's a very portable breakfast for around 300 calories & at least 14 grams of protein. Cost breakdown: Cappuccino Mix Container $4.00 for 17 servings; Publix Yogurt 4/$1 currently; and protein powder varies but can be found on sale in my area for about $8 - $10/container which has about 40 scoops. Total cost per smoothie: less than $1.00 per day :wink:

Please understand that i'm not trying to say anything is bad about any of the weight loss programs that you have named, but feel that you could have the same benefits without spending so much $. Best of luck to you & feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :-)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    SHAKEOLOGY ALL THE WAY!!!! I used to not believe in the hype until I tried it! I repace breakfast with a shake and it has has worked wonders for me! More energy (I'm a mom of 3 so I need all I can get), I am WAY more regular (sorry TMI) curbs my craving for the bad stuff AND it has over 70 fruits and veggies in one shake along with over 20 vitamins and free radical fighting ingredients. My hair, nails and skin are looking amazing too! I have some samples I can send you if you message me with your address -- that way you can try it yourself. :wink:

Oh, and there's the shameless plug. Didn't even take a whole page.
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Ideal Protein breakfast shakes are really good and also convenient. I am never hungry before lunch. 100 calories, lots of protein, no sugar carbs to speak of
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Breakfast shakes are a great idea for choking down an inhuman amount of protein before weightlifting in the morning. Lots of people do this with great results.

For weight loss, just teach yourself to eat a reasonable amount of food, spending $90 a month for tips on tossing **** in a blender is laughable.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I want to try Body By Vi but my real concern is that I will gain all the weight back right after I stop the drinks... any ideas? Have you heard of how other people have done when they are complete with it?

...How would you gain the weight back? If you were making healthy choices, eating at a number of calories that works for maintenance, and continuing to be active (cardio + strength training), how would you gain back the weight?

People gain weight because they have not actually learned anything about nutrition because they rely on packaged powder/drinks. When they decide they want to eat food again...They go back to old habits.

That's my belief on these fad diets...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I want to try Body By Vi but my real concern is that I will gain all the weight back right after I stop the drinks... any ideas? Have you heard of how other people have done when they are complete with it?

...How would you gain the weight back? If you were making healthy choices, eating at a number of calories that works for maintenance, and continuing to be active (cardio + strength training), how would you gain back the weight?

People gain weight because they have not actually learned anything about nutrition because they rely on packaged powder/drinks. When they decide they want to eat food again...They go back to old habits.

That's my belief on these fad diets...

Lol, *I* know that escy ;] I was trying to get HER to come to that realization... but she mysteriously disappeared from this thread when I kept asking her questions.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    SHAKEOLOGY ALL THE WAY!!!! I used to not believe in the hype until I tried it! I repace breakfast with a shake and it has has worked wonders for me! More energy (I'm a mom of 3 so I need all I can get), I am WAY more regular (sorry TMI) curbs my craving for the bad stuff AND it has over 70 fruits and veggies in one shake along with over 20 vitamins and free radical fighting ingredients. My hair, nails and skin are looking amazing too! I have some samples I can send you if you message me with your address -- that way you can try it yourself. :wink:

I thought marketing scams were verboten on this site.
    If you really want a protein shake, get some whey isolate for about a quarter of the price of this shakeology (pfffft) and mix it in some milk or almond milk.
  • mdorsey2010
    Options

If you really want a protein shake, get some whey isolate for about a quarter of the price of this shakeology (pfffft) and mix it in some milk or almond milk.

It's not a marketing scam, I'm not trying to sell her anything at all. She asked for opinions and that's exactly what I gave - MY OPINION. Isn't that what this site is for? People who have questions along their weight loss journey....she asked a question, I answered. Period.
  • WesKate
    WesKate Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I keep Nutrilite meal replacement shakes on hand as well as their protein powder. There are some mornings where it is great for me to just grab & go or I just feel like making a quick smoothie with protein powder, some milk, & a banana. It satisfies me & keeps me full but I don't feel like I forced myself to eat breakfast. I sometimes skip breakfast & when I do I end up eating more throughout the day or I just feel really blah. You need to do what is best for you & what your body is telling you.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology. I like the taste of it unlike alot of other protein shakes ive tried and i like that they offer a vegan version of it. Im doing the 3 day cleanse right now and im feeling great. Unless they change the flavor or I find something better I will always have my 1 shake each day. Mostly cause i look forward to the yummy reese's shake i get to eat without guilt!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

It's not a marketing scam, I'm not trying to sell her anything at all. She asked for opinions and that's exactly what I gave - MY OPINION. Isn't that what this site is for? People who have questions along their weight loss journey....she asked a question, I answered. Period.

Except you advertised yourself--you told people to PM you and you'd send them a product. That's against the rules.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Protein shake.

SO much cheaper.
    What exactly does Body By Vi and shakeology have over a normal protein powder?
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Expensive supplements that can be replaced by more delicious, nutritious real food for far less money.

If you want to do a protein shake, do something like Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey.

See ^^^
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The cheapest thing you can find that is palatable and fits your nutritional goals.