Couch to 5k OCTOBER!

Options

Replies

• wendi105
    wendi105 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to start! When is everyone going to begin?
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just finished the c25k about 1 week ago and will run my first 5k on Saturday! *gulp*

Just wanted to write on here that if you fail a week do not give up! Just run an extra day that week! I failed once on week like 4 or 5 and it about destroyed me, but keep it up!

It really does work btw because I run (jog) 45 minutes straight and I struggled on the first week too!

Feel free to add me if you need support or advice. I know it is hard. <3
  • Missymel84
    Missymel84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! I started yesterday but repeated day 1 today. I'll be doing day 2 tomorrow :)
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I did W2, D1 last night....goign to have to strengthen my quads! My knees are sore!
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How do I join? I want to do this...so bad!
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    My plan was to start today, but I have a knee injury that won't let me yet... I will be starting in 2 weeks when I get my compression brace.
  • sarymerejo
    sarymerejo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What's the name of the app for the iphone? I'm interested
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Ok i am in starting over again
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Starting today!!!!!
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Today should be W1D3 for me, but I am going to let myself start over because I like things to be on a MWF schedule, haha. So, W1D1 here!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    There's a really established, incredibly supportive Couch to 5K group on here already....with new people starting each week. Lots of good tips and learnings to be found there:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today will actually be my W1D2 day of Couch 2 5K.....Add me...I'll be more than glad to keep anyone encouraged :flowerforyou:
  • bigapplepie
    bigapplepie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used this program to help train my sister for a 5K. Since then I've recommended it to a lot of people. It's a great program and really works.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group! Count me in! :) I didn't see the link though?
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Me too! i have the app but have been too scared to try it out! W1D1 tonight!! :wink:
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What's the name of the app for the iphone? I'm interested

The one I use is C25K by Zen Labs because it's free. But there are a bunch of other ones. Just search C25K. :smile:
  • yvilla363
    yvilla363 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just bought the app yesterday and plan on starting tonight! Where is the link for the group so I can join?
  • mrsberry2008
    mrsberry2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im in. Starting this today xx
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    I did W2, D1 last night....goign to have to strengthen my quads! My knees are sore!

I'm starting W3 D1 tonight and am having the same problem. Sore knees and hamstrings even though I'm stretching.
  • cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence!! I just started myself!! (Yesterday I finished Week1 Day2) but my plan is in place of the speed hiits for cardio I will do a C25k workout every other day.

What day are you on>??