Half way there, shocked by side by side pictures!

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I started on June 23rd after a little coaxing from my sister in law who's been very successful on this program. It's been a little over 100 days of logging and 37 lbs down, (40lb difference in the pictures below). I've sweated every day for 45 minutes minus 3 days that I was ill. Every day I get up at 5 and walk/run/bike or use the elliptical. I started by being able to walk 1/2 a mile. I was 235lbs, out of shape and was in back and hip pain constantly. I walked through the pain a lot. But now, I can run 3+ miles and I try and go at least 5 miles a day. I fit in some workout videos, but I love being outside and getting fresh air.
    I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when I was 29. I had 2 surgeries and went through Chemo. I gained weight on chemo, eating was the only thing that made me less likly to get sick. After I was in remission, we went through infertility treatments. I only had one ovary removed and I was told the other one was damaged due to chemo making it unlikely we'd get pregnant. I gained another 15lbs on those hormones. But I did get pregnant in 2009 and after my daughter was born, I tacked on another 20lbs just for unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise.
    I mentally knew I was fat, but the picture on the left was taken in April of this year. I cried for hours over it. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I never saw this. I didn't see the rolls and the way my stomach protruded. And then I started looking at other pictures and it was similar, I was SO unhealthy. I fought to survive and now I was throwing years away by stuffing food in my mouth and sitting on the couch. I started eating better, but it wasn't working all that well. I rejoined MFP in June and it's been full steam ahead since. I don't always eat healthy, I crave sugar and will often eat something sweet every day. But my meals are healthier, I eat in moderation (which I didn't know how to do since MFP), I started wearing my HRM and logged everything I ate and drank. I have recently started weight training, but I'm still learning the ropes about this so I'm starting 2x weekly and we'll go from there.

Here is the picture.

2coldl4.jpg

I have roughly 40 more lbs to goal, but I'm less focused on the scale now and more focused on measurements (-20" overall since I started) and the way I feel and look. Feel free to add me, I love the supportive nature of this program. I think this is the major reason I have had such success. I love watching other peoples success and they inspire me to work harder.

Best of luck everyone, no matter your goals.

Missy

CONGRATS and thank you for the inspiring story! You rock! :))
  • sweetmspea
    Options
    Congratulations! You are inspiring and look amazing. I am so happy for you, keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Wow, how inspiring and you look fantastic! Congratulations on beating cancer AND becoming pregnant! You are definitely a success story! Wow!
  • Missymel84
    Missymel84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    congrats you look amazing x
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! You look great. You look like you lost 50lbs. As bad as it felt seeing yourself in that "before" picture, it was necessary to kick you into getting going. I only say that because I saw a picture of myself at the beach with my boys and to be blunt, I was ashamed at how fat I looked. To make matters worse, I have been working out for the past 10 years or so but I have been lying to myself when I look in the mirror. With the shirt off and the camera on, the truth unfortunately was revealed to me. My eating is obviously the issue and MFP and logging my food was an eye opener to why I was getting fatter even though I was working out.

Keep up the hard work, you are doing great!
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    What a great job you've done so far! Just think of the healthy habits you'll be teaching your child, too.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    first of all congratulations on kicking cancers butt....second congratulations on your daughter....and third....you look amazing! congratulations on all your hard work getting to where you are now. you are an inspiration!

I 2nd that
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! A very inspring journey, congrats on all that you've accomplished, you've really come far!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a great job you've done so far! Just think of the healthy habits you'll be teaching your child, too.

^^She is another reason I'm so motivated. I need to teach her healthy eating and exercise habits.

Thanks everyone.
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you look amazing !!!!.....great job
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring story! Keep up the great work! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your pics and story! :)
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    great job, doing the happy dance for ya. thank you for sharing and staying focused even with some obsticles getting in your way. much love
  • KBE1990
    KBE1990 Posts: 38
    Options
    WAY to go girl! BIG difference! Keep it up!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look FANTASTIC! That's a HUGE difference. And what a way to think of it--survive cancer just to throw your life away by your eating habits. I never thought of it like that.

Congrats on what you have done so far, and continue the GREAT work.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Missy! I'm so excited for you. You're doing so great! I hope to see you when I'm up at H's for Halloween weekend!!! :-)
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Missy! I'm so excited for you. You're doing so great! I hope to see you when I'm up at H's for Halloween weekend!!! :-)

Joy, you are one of my greatest inspirations, truely. I am trying to keep up with you, wowzers:) I hope to be running those distances soon. I'm coming to see your race:) Wouldn't miss it. Ha, fun times.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!