Looking for Fitness Help!!

Options
I am looking to get some suggestions for good fitness DVD or websites. I search the web last night and came up empty handed. Most sites I found want a monthly subscription. I just need a few ideas of some workouts I can do at home when it rains and I can't take my walk. I am open to any help that can be given. Thanks

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to youtube and searching on there for the type of workout you want to do, like "yoga" or "cardio". So many come up! My favorite youtube freebie is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. People talk about it here all the time. It's about 25 minutes long for each level and it's circuit training (3 minutes of strength, 2 min of cardio, and 1 min abs three times total).

You can also do bodyweight exercises, like pushups, squats, etc. Hopefully someone posts a good example of a bodyweight workout for you, or you can search these boards for "bodyweight workout" and something might come up.
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Go to collagevideo.com for Workout DVD reviews and video clips on most of the videos. You don't have to purchase from there but can view them. My fave workouts are: Winsor Pilates, The FIRM (2002-Present), Beachbody's TurboFire Workout system. I think you are a guy correct? Why not go to the beachbody website they have some nice workouts geared towards men and women (P90X, Body Pump, 10 Min Trainer). Me and my husband do the Body Pump workout at our local Y, but now you can buy it! Good Luck! You can also get beachbody workouts for much les on ebay.
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you want to get serious about your fitness, I agree beachbody has everything you can ask for!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i would try youtube as suggested as well.
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of videos on youtube. Athlean-X comes to mind. The guy shows lots of different exercises you can do. You were looking for alternatives for a rainy day correct? Those would be perfect, otherwise I too would suggest Beachbody.com as well. Good luck.

charlie
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Depending on your current fitness level you may want to youtube some of the walk away the pounds videos- they're low impact and a good place for some people to start. She'll start you by walking in place then start using your arms and walking in different directions etc to get you moving and get that heart rate up.

Personally I'm using the 30 Day Shred and I really enjoy it.. it's a lot of jumping and up/down off the floor, for me I felt like she started at my level of fitness.. I tried Insanity and that I definitely wasn't ready for.
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90

That is a free 90 day fitness program on youtube. It has everything broken down for you. Great way to start off.

Once you get more comfortable with fitness, you might look into some more intense routines from Beachbody or Jillian Michaels.