Women Only

Options
I lost about 20 pounds so far and I thought my cup size will go down from a double d, but it went up a size. Did that happen to anyone else? I dont want to look like Barbie. Do you guys have any advice on how to decrease bra size.

Replies

• Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 lbs and have lost a cup and a band size but now bras don't seem to fit right. I went from a 40 DDD to a 38 DD. I guess it will happen eventually.
  • valeriekey
    Options
    I am starting a new gym this week so I get a free fitness consultation. I can ask the trainer for some advice. I heard that usually when you lose weight your bra size will go down.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Usually this is true. Make sure you aren't wearing the wrong band size. Often, people will wear a larger or smaller band size to wear a different cup size. It's cheating, but true. And most women have no clue what their actual bra size is. I know I don't. I wear sports bras most of the time because I'm in the same boat you are. Large boobs, small body. But I can't workout hardcore until after this pregnancy is over. Might have an update then.
  • valeriekey
    Options
    I went to Victoria Secret a few weeks ago to get measure. To see if I went down a size because of my weight loss. My band size went down, but my cup remain the same so it went up a size. I read online to figure out your cupsize is the difference between your band and bust.
  • valeriekey
    Options
    Congrads Belinda on the pregnancy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Happened to me. My ribs got thinner and my breasts stayed the same. I just bought three new bras - and had to order them online to fit.

There are up sides.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I went to Victoria Secret a few weeks ago to get measure. To see if I went down a size because of my weight loss. My band size went down, but my cup remain the same so it went up a size. I read online to figure out your cupsize is the difference between your band and bust.

If your cut size remained unchanged, how did you go up a size?

IE: A 36 C to a 34 C is not going “up” a size.

Editied to add: It will go down eventually as you lose body fat precentage. I'm a "big" girl too,l so I feel your pain. (large cup, normal band) I have to go to a boutique to get a properly fitted bra. Most "mall" type stores don't have options for girls larger than a "D" cup. As long as you're not suffering back or shoulder pain, I say try to embrace your shape. A lot of women pay large $$$ to have a large cup size like us. :drinker:
  • valeriekey
    Options
    My band size decrease. Maybe my bust increase. I know there is 6 inches different from my bust to my band.
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have tried ALL the weight loss plans thru many years. I am sooooooo happy with this website and the success it is giving me!! Today I will start my 4th week and I am down a total of 14 pounds. I realize it will be a much slower journey from now on but there is so much help to keep me motivated!!!
    I appreciate the connections and encouragement thru the message boards. I have really worked all myfitnesspal has to offer and the reward feels so VERY GOOD!

When tempted or discouraged - - - - use the website - - - - - wishing each of us a healthier and happier today and tomorrow!!

LindaLou
  • warsenic
    Options
    Isn't the cup in relation to the band size?

I'm not sure to explain it. I went from a 36D to a 34DD. I think...

Actually I just confused my self. Never mind.
  • pollyperfect77
    Options
    I'm down a cup size, I could wear a C cup if I took a smaller back size, but who wants back fat showing?! Persevere, it'll come off your bust in the end. I wish mine didn't :grumble: ! xx
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do find that depending on strap length, cup size can be effected. While I fit 38 C in some brands in others its 36 D. As you lose inches around your torso it may appear that you are increasing in cup size when in fact you have stayed the same.

If you are in fact gaining cup size, sorry I have no tips for you. All I can suggest is stick to it and keep working towards a healthy overall goal weight. I would suspect that over time it will all even out so that you feel a little more proportionate.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    Mine are disappearing! You can give me your extra cup size if you like? :)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I actually am having a similar thing happen. I went from a 40DD to a 38DD so it feels like I'm actually bigger. I think it's just because I just started and the places you lose weight first tend to be where you gained last. So for me, that means my arms and legs will get smaller, then my chest, then my stomach.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Isn't the cup in relation to the band size?

I'm not sure to explain it. I went from a 36D to a 34DD. I think...

Actually I just confused my self. Never mind.

It is directly related. The band size is literally the inches around your rib cage. The cup size refers to how many inches bigger you are at your bust. SO if you're 34inch in diameter at the rib cage, and you're a DD, that means your bust would be 39inch approx. A 36 D is a 36 inch rib cage and 40inch bust.
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 pounds so far and I thought my cup size will go down from a double d, but it went up a size. Did that happen to anyone else? I dont want to look like Barbie. Do you guys have any advice on how to decrease bra size.

Were you properly fitted and wearing the right size bra before starting to lose weight? If yes, then it could just be a matter of waiting for your boobs to catch up with the rest of your body. We usually lose weight last in the places we want it gone from the most.
    I feel your frustration though, I always wore a DD bra from a regular store (i.e Victoria Secret) thinking it was okay. Then after I had my kids, I got properly fitted and now I have to get bras from specialty stores, but they are well worth the money because they fit way better, and I don't have back pain anymore.
  • Manervia10
    Manervia10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well when it comes to cups the cup of a 34c is not the same as a 36c so if her band went down and her cup stayed the same she would have to increase her cup in order to make up the difference in the smaller cup of the bra.....
  • Manervia10
    Manervia10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

If your cut size remained unchanged, how did you go up a size?

IE: A 36 C to a 34 C is not going “up” a size.

Editied to add: It will go down eventually as you lose body fat precentage. I'm a "big" girl too,l so I feel your pain. (large cup, normal band) I have to go to a boutique to get a properly fitted bra. Most "mall" type stores don't have options for girls larger than a "D" cup. As long as you're not suffering back or shoulder pain, I say try to embrace your shape. A lot of women pay large $$$ to have a large cup size like us. :drinker:

Well when it comes to cups the cup of a 34c is not the same as a 36c so if her band went down and her cup stayed the same she would have to increase her cup in order to make up the difference in the smaller cup of the bra.....
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options

OK I can tell you right now what the problem is - you went to Victoria's Secret. They suck and are always wrong. The sales people aren't trained correctly and are just trying to sell the bras they have, and they only have regular size bras (A-D), not larger ones. It's a temporary job for those sales people and they don't care about helping you. I bet you anything that the size they told you is wrong - you have not gone up a size, because if you've lost weight, that's illogical. Victoria's Secret sold me a 48D because that's all they had, but I learned I was actually a 32H!! Wearing the right bra size changed my life.

Go to a good (sorry, more expensive) department store such as Nordstrom's (in California) where they sell all bra sizes and have better customer service. If they don't have a bra in store, they can get it for you from the website. I hope this helps.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    In my experience, when I have lost a large amount of weight (60+ pounds), my cup size never changed, but I went down several band sizes. I am a DD, so I always wish I could go down to about a C, but it never happens. I know that that is not the case for everyone, though.