What's the obsession with almond milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Drinking dairy milk hurts my stomach and I hate the taste of it. I also have no interest in drinking another animal's breastmilk.

Almond milk tastes really good and is only 30 cal per cup, which is a great bonus. It's awesome in cereal :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I drink skim, so it's fat free and I don't think twice about it. Not to mention that I've never had to pay more than $3 a gallon for it. Are the benefits really worth more than double the price?
    people like that the calorie amount is so low.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    Can't drink cow's milk, love goat's milk but Almond is cheaper and is almost as good.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm thinking of switching to cow's milk myself actually. Seems all around a better choice! (no this wasn't brought on by this thread)
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like the taste, and almonds aren't milked by process of artificial hormones.

Very little hormone use in the dairy industry anymore. Walmart, Kroger, and pretty much everyone else have stopped their farmers from the practice.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I became soy intolerant not too long ago. I was looking into coconut and almond milks and notice the lack of protein in them. Back to 2% for me =\
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is Paleo Approved™, regular milk is not, nor is soy milk.

Is not an almond milk obsession, its a paleo obsession.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to dairy and soy upsets my stomach so I drink almond. It's actually really tasty.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love cow's milk. I've tried alternatives and they just don't do it for me. If you like cow's milk and it works for you, stick with it.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have just recently started using almond milk or the almond/coconut blend. I mostly use it in my coffee. I use either that or tons of halfnhalf. Using the almond milk cuts way down on my calorie/carb count. I cannot drink skim or low fat milk as it raises my blood glucose level. Removing the fat from milk just leaves all the milk sugar without anything to slow down the glycemic impact.