Beautiful Bride!!!

Options
I want to be a beautiful bride. I am getting married in February 2014. My goal is to get under 200lbs by my wedding. I have a great support network and a motivational buddy who I do weekly (daily really) check ins with. My fiance is very supportive and working out with me at home 3 nights a week. So I have no excuses!! My worst habit is eating at night and not taking a whole lot of time for myself. Any tips, support, motivation or fellow brides to be WELCOME!

Replies

• KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am getting married June 1st 2013 and am trying to get to my best shape. Good luck to you!
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in March 2013! Woo hoo! Congrats to you and you fiance'! I try to eat light and I make sure I get my workout done in the morning. We have kids and it's just easier to get the workout out of the way in the morning. I'm always planning my meals and I try to stay as healthy as possible but also making sure everyone's palate in the house is satisfied. I know you will get under 200!! You got this chica!!
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just stick to your plan! Always allow for cheat days once a week, it makes it easier. Mix your exercise plan up. Don't eat after 6pm.
    Just keep the motivation going and remember why you are doing this. One to get healthy and two for your marriage.

Even though I would have to say, you ARE already beautiful :)
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I used to own a bridal shop. There's no such thing as a bride who isn't beautiful. Keep in mind that planning a wedding is VERY stressful, and stress can sometimes lead to weight gain/water retention or whatever the case may be (for me, it was stress eating).... So, My advice to you is, do what you can. Get in a routine. I used to eat snacks at night... the trick is, to keep HEALTHY snacks... carrots with ranch dip.... variety of fruits for when you're craving sweets... yogurt... things that aren't going to break your calories. Good luck!!
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You already are beautiful! Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    I am not a bride but I have to say: CONGRATS!!! Very happy for you and what a great excuse to get in shape.

A tip would be to be accountable to yourself and pay attention to what you eat. I had a piece of cheese a few minutes ago and didn't even realise I was eating it. By paying attention you will be more careful and more satisfied.

If you have a phone, use the app and make sure you track everything.

Another thing is to exercise. Yes I hate exercise by I love water aerobics and it is great. You could also try 30 Day Shred which is fantastic for toning those arms!

Best of luck and I am sure you will be great on your big day !
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can do this, no problem!
    The biggest help for munching at night that I've come across is brushing my teeth after dinner. Some nights, I'll allow for a small snack (like if husband and I have plans to watch a movie together), but then it's time to switch to plain water and brush brush brush those teeth!
  • HallerFitness
    Options
    If you worst habit is eating at night but you also work out at night, I would try and go for a high-fiber, high-protein dinner. And don't buy foods that you can't control yourself around. If they're not in the house, then it's easy to not eat them. Don't skimp on breakfast either!!! Successful people eat well-balanced breakfasts daily!
  • Ashlilee
    Options
    I had a weight loss goal before my wedding too. I made it but just barely. When our wedding was over I lost focus of that goal and gained every bit of my weight back. My suggestion would be to focus more on developing healthy habits for you and your husband-to-be and a little less on the weight goal by your wedding (although it's fine to have that goal and be excited). If you work toward developing a healthy lifestyle for you and your new family you will have good long term goals that will sustain your weight loss. Congrats on your engagement!!! It's such an exciting time. Just remember...you can do it!!!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can relate...getting married March of 2013, and I want at least 30lbs down by then! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you have plenty of time to lose weight and change your habits. start tracking what you eat, and start exercising regularly with a proper combination of cardio and strength training. good luck.

i love seeing a post like this rather then a post like "i'm getting married in a month, how do i loose the most amount of weight by then?"
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Don't ever forget that your fiance loves you as you are right now. They already think you're beautiful. A wedding is awesome motivation, but don't let it get in the way of enjoying the planning process. You're already beautiful, and a number on the scale won't change that! If you want to lose weight, do it for your life, not just for one day!

Congratulations and good luck!
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sounds daft..... but knit, cross stitch or crochet! You need both hands to do it, it'll distract you from wanting to eat things as you'll be paying attention to what you're doing and before you know it, it'll be bed time!

I knitted a load of pony candy cane covers last winter and lost it a fair bit faster than usual as I was too busy knitting and sticking to eat!
  • seebs079
    seebs079 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    KEEP YOU EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!! First of all, you will be beautiful no matter what!

You know what you want so, go for it! But, it cant just be a DIET for your wedding...make it something to help get and stay healthy...a Lifestyle change. Make goals you can keep and make a schedule. My BIGGEST help is making a schedule and keeping it. I try to tell my husband my schedule and/or write it down so he knows what happens each day (he does not workout with me).

You have plenty of time so, make sure you dont push yourself to lose too much too quick.

GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!!!!
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    First off congrats! 2nd ... here are some tips that helped me in regards to night time eating.

1. Very limited carbs after 5pm. You can still eat and eat well ... just make sure it's protein and veggies. :)
    2. Protein is very filling and helps curb night time cravings so get creative with egg whites, lean fish and meats. Tilapia and cucumber, chicken breast and asparagus, or an egg white omelette with brocolli were and still are favorite night time eats!
    3. If you feel hungry, drink water. Most of the time that pang you think is hunger is actually thirst. Try it ... it works. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've been married over 4 years now, but I got engaged Oct 2007 and married Aug 2008, and in that time lost 45lbs. I was a UK size 12/14 (US 8/10) when I got married. I'd have liked to have been slimmer, but as i'd worked out a lot I was looking quite toned, and was brave enough to wear a bikini on my honeymoon.

2 children later and I am back to my wedding weight, but with smaller hips and a mummy tummy lol.

I just exercised a lot and ate healthily. Mix up your exercise so it doesn't get boring - gym, swimming, aerobics, spinning etc. Don't eat processed food, eat lots of protein. Logging on here is great, and the motivation is really helpful. I wish i'd had that when I was losing weight for my wedding.

When are you going to start looking at dresses? If you look through my photos, I have one of me in my wedding dress.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You already are beautiful! Well done. :flowerforyou:

I agree!

I worked 3rd shift for awhile and got into the habit of late night snacking but it has been easier to kick for me, knowing it's just a habit, not a necessity. I have a rule not to eat anything after 7pm. I eat most of my higher carb fruits earlier in the day, and try to do complex carbs for breads and pasta if needed. It's okay to go to bed feeling hungry, just leaves a good appetite for breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Congrats! You have plenty of time to reach your goal! :-)

21643952.png
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May of 2013! Anything is possible with this website. I started April 24th. So exactly 1 year before the wedding. I have lost 40ish pounds, and I still have 7 months to go. You can totally achieve your goal. My fiance just started working out with me also. It's great to have a partner in crime!

Add me if you would like any support. There are also some wedding groups on here for support. Good luck and congrats to you both!

PS- have you ever seen a NOT beautiful bride? As long as she is madly in love, she will always be beautiful :)
  • tls723
    tls723 Posts: 14
    Options
    So glad you started this topic! I am getting married April 2013 and would love to look and feel my very best that day! I am a little discouraged after a bad eating weekend and frustration at no results over the past few weeks...

Would love to see some success stories to keep the motivation up!!