GUYS!! Low Calorie Beers, What's Good Out There?

Options

Replies

• SimpleThingsInLife
    Options
    If you want a beer, drink a real beer. I am a chick, and I prefer to drink one BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout. It's high gravity, and tastes delicious.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Low Calorie Beers, What's Good Out There

Nothing.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    low calorie beer is a sin!

drink your beer, enjoy it. make sacrifices somewhere else. or add in additional cardio.

traditional low calorie beers give me a headache and make me feel gross. I'd rather enjoy 2 deliciously crafted wheat beers than 3 or 4 bud or miller lite
  • JakeBauer
    JakeBauer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from Austin. It's a staple here. :)
  • kateschneider
    kateschneider Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here's a sortable table for 200 different beers. There's a decent mix of low-cal domestic pee beers and full-bodied craft beers, ranging from 55-450 calories (per 12 oz.).

http://www.efficientdrinker.com/beer/complete-calories-abv.html

Pick a good one, folks. I suggest a Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale (150 cal -- delish and a great name to boot), Abita Purple Haze (a mere 128 calories and fruity deliciousness!), or a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (good on a splurge day since it's 209 calories... but it's a damn fine IPA).
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Bourbon
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options

hmmmm I was in Texas in March and was not impressed by the selection of beer sadly :-/ I also lived in Arizona for 2 1/2 years and their selection not much better . Here in Washington state we are LOADED with wonderful delicious craft beer and I am so happy to be back :-)
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Here's a sortable table for 200 different beers. There's a decent mix of low-cal domestic pee beers and full-bodied craft beers, ranging from 55-450 calories (per 12 oz.).

http://www.efficientdrinker.com/beer/complete-calories-abv.html

Pick a good one, folks. I suggest a Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale (150 cal -- delish and a great name to boot), Abita Purple Haze (a mere 128 calories and fruity deliciousness!), or a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (good on a splurge day since it's 209 calories... but it's a damn fine IPA).

can't remember who makes it but one I loved the name of and is tasty is ***** creek pale ale and naughty nelly pale ale mmmmmm
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is the way I look at it... I can't drink 4 coors light, barely have a buzz, and be really full. Still 400 calories. OR I can have 2 delicious full calorie beers at 150 calories each, get a good buzz, and not feel super bloated. That is only 300 calories. So less beer, more buzz, I'll stick to the real stuff.

I completely agree wth this 100%.

I used to drink nothing but Bud light then switched to Bud select 55 to lower my calorie intake. It was pointless. I ended up drinking an additional 4 to 6 beers to enjoy any of them. Since then I've been drinking Landshark and Yuengling. I'm not going to compromise on my beers anymore.
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is the way I look at it... I can't drink 4 coors light, barely have a buzz, and be really full. Still 400 calories. OR I can have 2 delicious full calorie beers at 150 calories each, get a good buzz, and not feel super bloated. That is only 300 calories. So less beer, more buzz, I'll stick to the real stuff.

I completely agree wth this 100%. ggg

I used to drink nothing but Bud light then switched to Bud select 55 to lower my calorie intake. It was pointless. I ended up drinking an additional 4 to 6 beers to enjoy any of them. Since then I've been drinking Landshark and Yuengling. I'm not going to compromise on my beers anymore.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    To answer your question - I love MGD64 and Michelob! My favorite is Bud Select though - MGD64 needs a lime added!

And I dont feel the need to get drunk anymore - plus alchohal is more of a health risk than a good time. I just have a 'lite' beer when I'm at a bar, or just opt for liquor (the term beer belly freaks me out haha)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The only beer i like is bud light lime!
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    doesnt hurt to drink every now and then...

but i'd say

michelob ultra!
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Take 2 or 3 shots of Captain Morgan 100 proof and save the many beers it would take to get the same feeling.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

hmmmm I was in Texas in March and was not impressed by the selection of beer sadly :-/ I also lived in Arizona for 2 1/2 years and their selection not much better . Here in Washington state we are LOADED with wonderful delicious craft beer and I am so happy to be back :-)

You weren't looking in the right places. There are some really good breweries in Austin and there are several stores in Austin where you can get just about any beer you want.

ETA: I refuse to address the issue of low calorie "beer" as most of the beers I like the best are easily over 300 calories each and I just make room for them or go over.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Re read his question. It is for the guys and ladies. If you know the best beer on earth please share. I bet it is one you brew yourself!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love Coors Light 102 calories and 4.2% alcohol, where I live it is a very popular beer
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Fellas,

I never wanted to have to do this, but I need to switch from delicious Shiner Bock to something more calorie sensitive.

What have you tried? What tastes the best?

There is no such thing. Life is too short to drink crappy low cal beers

agreed, can I gegt a blue moon stat?!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Fellas,

I never wanted to have to do this, but I need to switch from delicious Shiner Bock to something more calorie sensitive.

What have you tried? What tastes the best?

There is no such thing. Life is too short to drink crappy low cal beers

AMEN!!! If you're gonna do it - do it right!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The only light beer I can stand is Sam Adams Light, which is still pretty hoppy with good flavor. It's not as good as a good full-body beer though.