cheating = Stomach ache

Options
I have been using this sight for 25 days now and wow what a great tool. I love it. I am down 11lbs and still on great track. I don't usually give myself a cheat meal. I know some people do once a week or once every other, but I wanted to hit the 10lbs loss before I did it. I wanted to feel like I earned. Well I hit my goal and I was so proud and when my husband took me to dinner for valentines day I decided to eat what I want and enjoy it. I had earned it. What a mistake. I had a twice baked potato with bacon and cheese to go with my steak and apple cobler with icecream for desert, only a 1/2 portion. I ended feeling sick somach aching bloated and diareah yuck! I have noted to my husband more then once in the passed 25 days that I had stopped getting the almost daily heartburn I used to get since I stopped over eating and having all the greasy fast food, and guess what after my cheat meal I woke up at 3am with heart burn. Maybe I just over did it, but lesson learned if I find myself wanting something I shouldn't I am going to remember how crappy I felt afterward. Eating healthier not only helps keep the diet on track it helps keep you from suffering from indigestion and heartburn. That potato may have tasted delicious with all the cheese and bacon and butter, but next time just plain baked it salt pepper and fat free sour cream will do and maybe some frozen yogert for desert. The sad thing is I didn't clean my plate and eat every bite of desert like I used to before I started dieting, I would have had 2 bad for you sides and ate every bite of the 8oz steak then I can't even imagine how I would have felt if I would have gone that far. What an eye opener on how bad my habits were and how fast they can change for the better. Not only do I not want to add a weekly or biweekly cheet meal to my plan, I am finding the cravings for the bad farther and farther away!

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wow good for you. You lost 11 lbs in 25 days, thats truly amazing. I lost only, maybe Im not trying hard enough. What do you do for excercise?
  • hehubbard83
    Options
    Ugh! Isn't that the truth? I was running late for class one night and pulled into McDonalds to grab a quick dinner. BIG mistake! It had been around a month since the last time I had eaten there and my stomache was not used to all that grease! I have stayed away since then. It's nice though, like you said, when I want McDonalds, I remember how terrible I felt after I ate it! Congrats on losing the weight! Keep it up! :)
  • geminijojo82
    Options
    I do 30 min. on my elliptical for cardio and then 10 min with hand weights for a cool down. Just this last friday I added a 10 min pilates for abbs to the beginning of my workout as a sort of warm up. It's hard right now my stomach muscles are killing me especially when I cough or sneeze, but I know I'll be glad in the long run.